Twenty-One: The Switch

The Switch
Axel.

"You're telling me she just up and left? Jesus, what did you do to her?" I murmur.

Alex was telling me about how his mate has apparently left? I'm not quite sure what was happening, see, I only was listening to the parts of the story that sounded interesting. When it came to that mate of his, Alex did tend to speak a little too much.

Or maybe it was just to me. Whatever the case, he spoke too much for my liking.

Maybe I need to spend more time with Abel. He's a nice quiet fella, I'd be better able to do nothing with him around.

I carelessly flipped the page of The Great Gatsby and continued to pretend to listen to his every word.

"What did I do to her? Nothing! I haven't done a damn thing to her –"

"Maybe that's the problem. Perhaps your mate is a more kinky kind of gal and you just haven't met her needs." I shrug.

Poking fun at my little brother was genuinely a great pass time for me. He's so tense and easily angered, it was too easy. Oddly enough he wasn't always so uptight and broody, Nathaniel messed around with that Russian she-wolf and Alex had to go play hero, he hasn't been the same since.

That was the true reason I disliked Nathaniel the way I did – he forced this demon upon my brother. Alex had no business, no reason to be involved in that whole ordeal. Natalia could've easily dealt with it all but Alex was – is too damn loving. Now, now no one would ever say that he is.

Alex growled, "Oh and let me take a wild guess, you would meet all her needs?"

I dropped the book without placing my bookmark back, "Hell yeah. She would not walk or talk for days." I smiled smugly, reaching for the book to place my bookmark.

"Fuck you," He spat.

Raising a curious brow, I placed my book down beside me once I slipped in the bookmark, I asked, "How have you been holding back for so long?"

His mate is drop dead gorgeous so much so, if someone had said she's the Moon Goddess – I would believe them. Elijah Vilakazi was truly something. There's not a chance he isn't physically attracted to her and besides that, there's so much more to that she-wolf.

There's no way I would let her walk about without my mark on her neck. I would broadcast it to the world that she is my mate. Let all my enemies know, who gives a shit? She's the best Warrior this country has ever seen. And notice I didn't say, female Warrior. She flat out beats them all. They've tried to compete against her. She's just too quick.

With Elijah Vilakazi it's more speed, agility and durability than strength. Sure, she is strong but she's not stronger than say, the strongest guy in Alex's Pack. She will just last longer in a fight and outrun whomever. She was a beast.

She would probably last all year in bed.

"She's nineteen, she's practically still a pup." He scoffed.

"If you're going to bullshit me, I will leave Alexander." I sneer.

If he's going to lie, he truly is wasting my time. I am here out of the goodness of my beautifully dark heart. I am here to listen to him whine about his missing sexy little mate. I'm not here because I have nothing better to do. I've still got outstanding wolves to bang.

He sighed, obviously annoyed, "I can't bring myself to actually speaking with her. Let alone mate with her. She's," He ran a frustrated hand through his hair, "She's nothing like what I thought my mate would be like. She's fucking gorgeous, I know. I'm just... not good enough for her."