Thirty-Four: The Dark Magic

Mariska ^

---

The Dark Magic

My heart dropped.

Everything seemed to have slowed down the moment those words left her mouth. I don't have a wolf? What the hell does that make me?

"Why not?" My voice cracked.

She said there was very little she couldn't do, why on earth did this have to fall within that 'little.' I can't live without my wolf, what on earth would I be without her?

"I don't deal with dark magic." She simply said.

She rose from her seat and searched about her drawers until she found a notepad.

"Okay. Lead me to the nearest dark witch." I wasn't going to sit here and do nothing. I had to get my wolf back.

She moved over to another drawer where she pulled out a pen.

"Elijah dear, it doesn't work like that with dark magic. With dark magic, only the one who did the spell can undo the spell." She sat beside me again.

"How am I supposed to find her?"

"That I can help with."

She closed her eyes, placing her hand back on my head and chanted, she opened her eyes after a while and began scribbling down an address. She handed me the notepad to read it.

"Russia?" I yell, "How the hell am I going to get to Russia?"

"Alexander." Isaiah offered.

I suppose he would have or know someone with an aeroplane but did I want to involve him on this mission? All I had to do was go down to Russia speak to this witch and get my wolf back, doesn't seem like something I would need his help with.

He goes on many trips I assume, we could just look at this as the same thing.

"What? I'm not telling him about any of this."

"Why not? He deserves to know." Natalia said.

"He deserves happiness. He deserves a Luna. I cannot be the Luna of a Pack with no wolf! What will he say? Will he still even want me? I've put him through so much. So many stupid things we could've avoided had I listened to him. I can't put him through this too. He doesn't deserve all of this." I sigh.

I know I didn't choose for any of these things to happen but I did play a part. Had I just moved in with him the day I had returned I would've been safe. He wouldn't have been distracted and he might have been able to move me before the bullet hit. I was a fool.

His Pack is getting weaker by the day without me, I can't stay away from him or them for much longer. Not having a wolf is just another problem I really don't need.

The quicker and sooner I find the witch, the sooner I get my wolf back and the sooner we can finally put all this nonsense behind us.

"He's your mate, Elijah. Nothing you do could make him care any less about you." Natalia said.

"We're not telling him. I'll ask Nate he's an Alpha. He probably has a private jet."

"So you're running again?" She raised a judgemental brow.

Running?

"What? I'm not running." I say quickly.

"You're getting on a private jet to Russia. That's a fourteen-hour flight to a different country, a different continent. Nobody even knows where you'll be. You might as well be running again."