Thirty-Nine: The Rogue Mission

The Rogue Mission

Sitting on my bed I relax my mind and focus on reaching out to the dark witch.

Mariska?

It's silent for a few moments but then I feel the slight buzz from the other side, she heard me call.

'You are a pesky child. Aren't you?'

I rolled my eyes, 'I'm coming to Russia. I'll do it on my own.'

I prepare myself for her words on how stupid this is and how she's not about to lose her life because of my decisions.

However, I'm sure this is the best way. It saves us many casualties and an entire war.

'I hope you're not on a flight here already because this is not how the plan goes down -'

I interrupt her, 'I don't care. I'm not going to endanger my Pack. I have to do it alone.'

'He hasn't even marked you. How is your loyalty so strong?'

I almost laugh at her question, what does she even mean.

'Because I'm a good person?' I tried to sound sure.

I guess I didn't because she scoffed in response.

'No dark witch is a 'good person'.'

It was my turn to scoff, 'Well good thing I'm not one.'

I didn't plan on staying like this, she's not alright in her head if she thinks I will. Alexander is far stronger than I am, I could never live like this for years.

I won't even put the thought in my mind, I cannot stay like this. I will not fall into the dark magic trap.

'I could always change that.' She says with ease.

I really hate this lady, 'I'm on my way. Goodbye Mariska.'

I shut her out, not wanting to hear another word from her. Every time I reached out I regretted it soon after, she was exhausting.

I made my way to the desk in the corner of the room and started writing a letter to Alexander. I didn't want to tell him face to face because I knew he wouldn't let me go.

I know he'll wanna keep me here and I can't stay. I need to do this. This time it isn't a selfish decision.

At least I hope.

Alexander,
I'm sorry I had to leave again. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I know you would've tried to stop me and that's the last thing I need. I can't let our Pack and all the others go to war over me. All those deaths will be on me and I could never live with myself knowing that. You know I couldn't, so I have to do this. I promise I'm not going into it alone. I'm not trying to get myself killed. Just trying to lessen the deaths...

I hate you a little less than before,
Liah.

I wiped the tears that had made its way down my cheek. I turned and grabbed a duffel, filling it with essentials and clothes. I put on my black Puma The Trainer's and got out the bathroom window.

The window to the bathroom was on the other side from where the window in my room shows. This window was closer to the front of the house but much closer to the garage door than the actual front door.

I had to jump out here rather than go out the front because I didn't need a Russo brother seeing me or one of the house helpers.