Chapter 2: The Doctor's Find

Eggman had been busy since that night where he'd required mental therapy from the harsh attack of Sonic, so busy that he'd hardly had any time to actually research other planets. He'd sent out probes to gather information from all over the universe, but hadn't analysed very many. He'd tried using some Wisps as a powerful energy source, but Sonic stopped him. He found a way to eradicate Sonic through time and got the past doctor to help him destroy Sonic, but two Sonics defeated two Eggmans. Finally, his Deadly Six plan has just gone to waste and he turned to his database once more.

"If I analyse all of it, I can find a way to combine everything that might have a chance against Sonic and his friends so that they can defeat them!" He was still weary about using creatures to help him, especially the non-sensical vicious ones that destroy anything they want, because they usually tried to destroy both him and Sonic instead of just Sonic.

Eggman sighed as he scrolled through his data boredly. There was so much and most of it was: No life found. However he found it was worse was when he clicked on something that did have life and it turns out to be bacteria or life that's only just started out. He went on searching deep into the night, until he found it hard to keep his eyes open and fell asleep on the keyboard, blacking out completely as his large nose continued the journey of knowledge for him.

Pokemon World: Intelligent and developed lifeforms: Human. Pokemon> Pokemon sub-categories: Fire. Water. Electric. Grass. Ice. Fighting. Poison. Ground. Flying. Physic. Bug. Rock. Ghost. Dragon. Dark. Steel. Fairy. Printing information>More information>None given, please call a professor on the planet for more information. Calling: Professor Oak in Pallet. Call recieved.

"Hello? Um, are you ok?" Eggmans screen had shifted to show an above middle aged man with white hair and thick black eyebrows that half hid his eyes as he looked in concern at Eggman. The doctor looked up at the professor and yawned.

"I'm sorry, I must have fallen asleep." he murmured, before he jumped with a start "Who are you? How did you get this number?" Professor Oak stared at him.

"You called me!" he replied defensively "Do you need help with your Pokemon, or can I get back to work?"

"Pokemon?" he repeated as he looked at what had been printed out for him. Types of animals? he wondered as he looked over the images and facts. "Well... I have a rodent problem. A blue hedgehog keeps coming and destroying my stuff." Eggman complained as he read over the sheet of information he had, deciding to give this man a try.

"A blue hedgehog? That sounds interesting, I've never heard of a pokemon like that! Do you think it could be a blue version of Shaymin?" Professor Oak tapped into his computer as he researched hedgehog pokemon, but there was only one: Shaymin. It's pure white skin and gentle nature made it easy for it to win in Pokemon beauty contests, but not really any battles.

"Er... I don't know. I've never seen a Shaymin. The hedgehog I'm talking about is a dark blue with green eyes at it runs faster than the speed of sound. It can cut through metal using its quills in a spin attack, but sometimes it needs a power up to help that happen." Eggman finished reading the paper and put it away, not quite certain if he understood it properly. To his surprise, the man was staring at him. Professor Oak quickly glanced around to make sure he was definitely alone before leaning towards Eggman.

"Do you think you can catch it? I'd love to study a blue hedgehog like that. It would be groundbreaking if I introduced something as amazing as a Pokemon that can move faster than sound." He confessed and Eggman was glad to have his interest. The doctor folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why would I tell you about my problem if I thought I could catch it? Any cell or prison I put him in he escapes from. I've tried everything to get him out of my way, but nothing works." he sighed. Professor Oak leaned back.

"Have you ever tried using a Pokemon to get it?" He asked him in a degrading manor.

"Why would I do that?" Eggman snapped back, not liking his tone. The professor wasn't very threatened by his tone change and continued to stare at him in disbelief.

"What do you know about Pokemon?" He wondered aloud.

"I know that there are several different types, but I've been pretty indifferent about them until now." He replied. The professor hummed thoughtfully.

"Alright, how about this... I'll tell you how to get this hedgehog and I'll tell you how to look after a pokemon. I'll give you everything you need and I'll get you a Pokemon to catch him with, and a pokeball of course." He added with a nod "Then you can send me the hedgehog and you can decide whether or not you want to keep the Pokemon. Do you have an exchanging machine?" he tried to keep it simple for the inexperienced old man "Something that will let me transport pokeballs to you?" Eggman growled at him.

"Of course I do! You'd better stop patronising me if you want this hedgehog, whoever you are!" he yelled at the screen, but the man had gone. Eggman could only see where he'd just been. A voice startled him and he blinked at the screen uncertainly.

"My name is Professor Oak! I'm from Palett. Would you like a Drowzee or a Hypno?" Eggman faltered and grumbled.

"What do you suggest, professor?" He hated not having knowledge about things. Usually he'd research and then call someone up, but the circumstances were slightly different here. Professor Oak came and sat back down with two pokeballs in his hand and smiled sympathetically at Eggman.

"Don't worry, Pokemon are complicated and there are loads of creatures that even we don't know of yet, like this hedgehog, for example." Professor Oak released Drowzee to show him and Eggman hid his surprise as a large yellow and brown creature appeared in a line of red from a small ball. "Drowzee sends his enemies to sleep. He can confuse them and has good defence, but he can tell what you're dreaming by sniffing you and if he likes your dream, he'll eat it." Drowzee went back into his pokeball and Hypno came out, but it was asleep, which made Eggman doubt its powers. "Hypno can serve you even while it's sleeping. It's the evolved form of Drowzee. It can send them to sleep, hypnotise them and confuse them and it wont eat your dreams if you tell it not to, but it does need to eat, so remember that."

"Interesting." Eggman stroked his mustache in thought "Can I have Hypno?"

"Sure! If it's not strong enough, let me know and I'll try and find another way to get your hedgehog. I'm sending everything you need through now, including a guide." Professor Oak looked up at him "What's your name?"

"Officially, I'm Doctor Robotnik, but everyone calls me Doctor Eggman, or just Eggman." he shrugged "I don't mind." Eggmans computer asked him if he was accepting the teleportation of goods to the room he was in and he accepted. Cautiously, Eggman picked up the pokeball and pushed the button, releasing Hypno from the confined space.

I have a lot of research to do. He thought with a grin.