Chapter 14: The Big Boys

Eggman narrowed his eyes at Giovanni. He was a business man, but there was something else to him. He was willing to do more than the average scam on an innocent man, the genius bet.

"Are you Dr Robotnik?" Giovanni asked formerly.

"I am, of course. Who else were you expecting?" He gave a small grin "I suppose this means you've been speaking to Professor Oak. Funny, though, I'm pretty sure I told him to keep his mouth shut."

"It seems he wasn't so trustworthy." The boss retorted calmly.

"I want to see him."

"I'm afraid that isn't possible right now. He's... busy." Giovanni gave him a coy smile, which Eggman returned.

"That's funny, so am I." He ended the call and sat back, waiting for them to call back. They did, this time, Professor Oak was at his side. A line of blood ran down his face, but his features were stubborn and hard. He gave a nod to Eggman, who gave him a little smile back. He wasn't fond of having his own people hurt. "Now maybe we can speak your language; Business, I presume?"

"Business." Giovanni repeated. His jaw was set hard, he didn't like to be controlled "I want to know where to find another Sonic." 

"Were you the one that put the shock collar on him?" Eggman laughed "Brilliant. So you must be the 'bad guy' and the professor is either a 'good guy' or he's one of those people who stands at the sides and gets what he can from both sides. Like Rouge." He leaned forward "So I'm hanging with the goodies and Sonic's with the baddies. Priceless."

"Sonic's dead." Giovanni nearly lost his cool at Eggman's blatherings, but he took a breath to recompose. Eggman grinned at him.

"You've seen his dead body?" He asked "You've checked yourself that there's no heart beat? No breathing?" Giovanni frowned.

"No, I had an expert tell me." Eggman noticed Professor Oak give a small smile and he shook his head at the business man.

"You've never met a creature like Sonic, have you? I promise you, you will see him again." He smiled at him "You want a new Sonic. That's not very possible, considering he's unique." Eggman chuckled "Has he not boasted that he's the fastest thing alive? Has he not cried to the skies that he's the one and only blue blur?"

"He did mention that." A voice from off-screen called.

"Quiet, Meowth." Giovanni said calmly. "You're a genius, I know you are, so you'll find a way of getting a new Sonic."

"Oh, I will?" Eggman raised an eyebrow at him "Don't think you can order me around, big guy. Don't think you can threaten me into it, because that's my job, that's what I do and Sonic's your problem. If I were you, I'd run and hide. You have no chance. Don't bother me again." He ended the call again and went off to bed.

Later, he heard a small crash and pulled up his sleeping mask. "Now what?" Eggman muttered, but before he could adjust his eyes to the darkness, he'd be ripped from his bed and pulled out to in front of his screen. "What's going on? Let go of me, I'm warning you! Guar-" A hand slammed over his mouth as the screen lit up and Giovanni raised an eyebrow at him. Eggman glanced up at his attackers; Pokemon. They must have gotten through by transportation. His eyes narrowed. Two Machokes. 

"Alright, you got me." He glared at Giovanni "Now what?"

"Find a way to get a new Sonic." The boss smiled at him "I see you're used to the way big boys play, so you know what happens when you refuse, hmm? I don't want any 'It's not possible's. Just do it and do it quickly." The screen went blank and Eggman was plunged into darkness. He swore.

 A few days later, Giovanni was back.

"How close now? You were right, he's not as dead as I hoped and I need protection now." The boss closed his eyes, calming himself slightly before continuing "Have you got anywhere at all?" His eyes were pleading, but his voice was steady, and Eggman so wanted to say no, just to see if he'd cry. Instead, he pulled out three Pokeballs.

"I'm no biologist, but I am a genius with a high IQ, so I found a way of getting this done. It's not as fast as Sonic though." He sent the three Pokemon out and they stumbled before finding their feet. One was plainly a female, completely pink and in a small red dress. One looked like a smaller version of Sonic and the final one was black and red, looking away from the screen while the other two looked up in wonder. "They have a three stage evolution. This is their youngest form, but even in their final form they'll only just be as fast as Sonic. However, they should be stronger and they'll have different attacks." Eggman pointed to the black one "He's a dark version and can only use the move bite right now, but he can learn high level stuff that I don't think you'd even be able to teach Sonic." He pointed at the blue one "Water version, which should be pretty fun." He moved over to the pink one "Physic. Will you leave me alone now?"

"For a little while, yes, but your intelligence may be needed in the future." Giovanni smiled at Eggman as his Pokemon were transfered away, into the bosses hands. Eggman could only grit his teeth in frustration as the screen went black. If Sonic were here, he wouldn't let Eggman do this. By extension, he wouldn't let Eggman's blackmailer go without check. 

"That business man messed with the wrong guy." The genius hissed as he thought up a plan.