Chapter 30: The End?

Present Time

It has been months since Leila’s awakening. Nothing, not even pictures were able to trigger her memories. Jason tried to spend as much time with her as possible. He took her to the parks, beaches, restaurants, and even to the fun parks. He would tell her stories about their experiences and show her some pictures. Leila would just nod slightly and scratch her head in confusion. She clearly hasn’t remembered a thing or two about the past eight years.

When Jason wasn’t available, Mary Joy came to her rescue. Mary Joy took her to the mall and bought her some clothes. They would catch up on the latest trends and gossip in town. Mary Joy would also talk about her modeling career. Being single and that gorgeous? Leila didn’t know what was wrong with the world. She knew that Mary Joy was wanted by many men. The way they looked at her gave them away. What she didn’t get was the reason why her best friend was so oblivious to all of that. Even a blind man can see the attraction of those strangers towards Mary Joy!

Leila also called her lawyer daily to keep up with the updates about her divorce. Her divorce papers were all set, that she was sure of. Mr. Tyree has called her a couple of times and told her it had been mailed over to Mason. Once they both sign it, their marriage will be over. Mr. Tyree was a very professional lawyer. He has won most of the cases that were given to him and has helped with many divorce cases. The man was just great at his job and a bloody good liar too.

It was Sunday morning, Leila skipped into the kitchen happily. Jason was supposed to come over to take her to the beach. Jason was a great man, very caring and kind. Leila felt something for him, but it was a brotherly thing. Ever since Louis died, she looked up to Jason and considered him as a second brother.

She made herself some toast and started to munch on it. Just as she was about to take her last bite, the doorbell sounded off. Thinking it was Jason; she dropped her toast and headed for the door.

Instead of meeting a pair of muddy brown eyes, she found herself staring into his crystal blue orbs. Suddenly a frown formed on her face. She took a deep breath and started, “What do you want Carmichael?”

He held up a small folder in his hands. He pouted and questioned, “A divorce? Really, Leila?”

“Yes. Just sign the papers and leave,” she crossed her arms over her chest reluctantly.

“I won’t, until you tell that you don’t love me anymore,” Mason stepped inside her home. He looked around and walked towards the couch.

“Hey! I didn’t invite you in,” she protested as she slammed the door closed.

“Technically I can come in, because we’re married and I’m not like one of those fictional vampire characters you love so much,” Mason rolled his eyes as he sat down on the couch.

“Whatever! You’re just jealous because you aren't as hot as Damon,” she exclaimed as she took a seat far away from him.

“That’s not what you said the last time you saw me half naked,” he winked as he set the folder down on the table.

“As if! You’re still as cocky as ever,” she pouted and sent a glare his way. Somehow, warmth crept up her cheeks, causing Mason to grin widely.

“I’m not kidding though. I won’t sign these papers unti-”

“Fine! I don’t love you anymore,” Leila cut him off as she glared onto the floor.

“I want you to say it to me, not the floor! Look into my eyes and tell me that. I’ll believe you, sign these papers and leave,” Mason slid closer to her, making her coil back in fear. Why was she scared of him all of a sudden?