rainy days // julian draxler

The rain continued to make a mess outside her window, thundering echoeing throughout the house. MADDIE sat bundled up in blankets, her eyes glued to her cellphone. If only Julian were here.

It felt as though the rain only got stronger the more the night progressed, and Maddie started to worry. Normally, Julian would've made it home by six, but the clock was nearing eight and she still had no word from him. She had tried calling him the minute the clock striked seven, but all she got was the dialtone to talk to.

Blankets in hand, she bounded down the stairs and plopped herself back down on the couch, her eyes boring holes into the front door. Seconds, minutes and hours passed till her eyelids finally fluttered shut.

+

A loud bang on the door was what woke her up, and she quickly stood to unlock it. Her boyfriend stood there, soaked by the rain, teeth chattering. Maddie pulled him in and out of the rain, stepping back to not wet herself, "Oh my god, Jules! What happened?"

He frowned in response, dropping his bag on the floor, "Car broke down. Had to run."

"Don't move. Take your clothes off. I'll get towels." she commanded, running to the bathroom. Julian hesitated before peeling his soaked clothes off himself.

Her hands placed over her eyes, she threw his towels at him. "Baby, come on. You've seen me naked a ton of times." Julian chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows."

"Shut up, Draxler." she hissed, her cheeks turning red at the thought, "Are you covered..?"

Julian quickly wrapped the towel around his torso and laughed, "Yes, mein schatz."

"Dry yourself off before taking a shower," Maddie yawned, turning once again to get her blankets, "We'll talk after."

+

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" Maddie frowned, her eyebrows crinkling, "Do you know how worried I was?"

Julian ran his fingers through his damp hair, sighing as he climbing into the bed with her. "It just didn't cross my mind, okay?"

That only made her fume even more, but decided that she didn't wanna explode all over a boy who just ran a couple of miles in the rain. Scooting towards him, she wrapped her arms around his torso and nodded, placing a small kiss on his chin, "Okay, baby."

Julian sighed, resting his chin on the top of her head, his arms wrapped securely around her shoulders, "I'm sorry, liebe. I should've called first."

Maddie shut her eyes and hid her face in his chest, breathing in his scent. The rain only got stronger and stronger, the thunder keeping her from falling asleep. She knew Julian hadn't fallen asleep either, she felt him drawing circles on the small of her back.

"Jules?" she whispered, looking up at him. He had his eyes closed, but she knew he was awake. "Julian. I can't sleep."

Julian opened one eye and peeked down at her, softening up the minute he laid eyes on her pouting face, "What do you wanna do then, engel?"

Sitting up, she grabbed the remote from the sidetable and turned on the television. It was nearly 2 am and channels were showing the older shows by this time. Maddie decided to watch Friends and he groaned, knowing sleep was out of her schedule now.

He draped an arm around her and yawned, his eyes struggling to stay open. Julian peppered her cheeks with kisses, which she blatantly ignored, and rested his head on her shoulder. Maddie snuggled up against him and smiled,

"I wish it rained more often."