second time around // thorgan hazard

The light from the television illuminated the entirety of the small apartment room, a box of warm pizza was left untouched on the living room table. MALEEN inhaled, but her breath hitched--She tried her best to focus on A Walk to Remember, but she always wandered off into her own thoughts. Just three hours ago, she had stormed out in a flurry of tears out of the house she shared with her boyfriend, Thorgan.

Well, ex-boyfriend.

• • •

Maleen bounded down the sidewalk, a lunchbox gripped in her hands. It even had a little bow on it.
She had decided to drop off during training to bring his lunch--Maleen knew how much Thorgan loved her lasagna, so she made him just that and decided to deliver it to him herself.

She felt her hands starting to sweat the minute she entered Borussia-Park. This wasn't her first time watching them train, but she still got nervous whenever the players would bombard her with questions, especially Granit. Maleen turned the corner towards the entrance to the main grounds. Thorgan is going to be so happy.

Suddenly, she felt herself bump into something hard, the lasagna spilling all over her dress as she tumbled to the floor. "Oh, merde." she mumbled, looking up to see the idiot who had no idea it was rude to stand in the middle of the hall.

Her sweat ran cold the minute her eyes met the back of his jersey. Maleen knew instantly who it was, her mouth hanging agape.
Thorgan stood less than a few inches away from her, his arm wrapped securely around a woman's waist. They hadn't even noticed her.

The woman adjusted her hair, pulling it all towards one side of her shoulder, revealing the familiar jersey she had on. Hazard #10

"Thorgan?" she whispered, her hands trembling as she helped herself stand. She prayed silently that this wasn't happening.

He whipped around, his eyes wide as he gently pushed the woman away from him. "Maleen--I. What are you doing here?" he replied quickly, fiddling with his fingers.

"I came here to bring you lunch but instead.." Maleen wandered off, pain evident in her voice. Quickly turning around, she ran as fast as she could towards her car. Ignoring his calls for her, but hearing no footsteps.

Maleen cleaned out her closet the minute she got home. She didn't need an explanation.

• • •

Hours later, she found herself staring blankly at the television in an apartment she had once lived in all alone. Till she met Thorgan, of course, and decided to live with him. A pint of icecream was left on her lap, but it was slowly melting.

The credits started to roll, but Maleen found her crying about something else. She hadn't even touched her food. She tried so hard to pretend nothing happened, to go home and make amends, but she feared she understood everything. "No wonder he stopped inviting me over to watch him train." she mumbled to no one in particular.

A loud bang on the door brought her back to her senses, but she decided to ignore it. The banging on the door continued, and she grit her teeth. "I'm coming, oh mon dieu."

She swung the door open, but instantly slammed it back shut. "Damn it." Thorgan cussed, his foot wedged between the door and the door frame.

Maleen kept silent, her tears threatening to fall once more. "Baby, let me explain." he pleaded from behind the door, pushing on it with his shoulder. "It isn't what you think, I promise."

She took a deep breath and opened the door gently once more. "I'm giving you two minutes."

Thorgan frowned, noticing her tear stained cheeks, "You've been crying, amour."

"No thanks to you," she bit back, her throat dry from all her crying, "Hurry, I have a movie to watch."

"But the credits are already rolling," he whispered, taking a peek inside the apartment room.

"Thorgan."

"Sorry," was all he managed to mumble, before taking a deep breath, "It isn't what you think, love."

"Then tell me what it is!" Maleen shrieked back, offended that that was the best he could come up with.

He sighed and rubbed his nape, "It's really awkward explaining this.."

"Then fuck off!" she hissed, ready to slam the door in his face.

Thorgan pushed on the door, "Maleen, she's my cousin!"

The stress on the door instantly stopped, and Maleen's eyes grew wide. Thorgan breathed a sigh of relief realising she had finally stopped her struggle. "You asshole." she mumbled, swinging the door wide. "Come in."

She sauntered in, plopping a baseball bat she grabbed awhile ago on the kitchen counter.

"A baseball bat, baby, really?" he frowned, raising a brow before wrapping his arms tightly around her waist. "I would never cheat on you."

"You better not," she whispered, avoiding his gaze, "I don't think I can take moving all my stuff all on my own again."

Thorgan chuckled and curled a strand of hair behind her ear. "I love you, but you need to trust me, Maleen."

Maleen nodded meekly, her eyes finally looking up at his, "Okay."

Chuckling, he kissed at her tear stained cheeks. "Okay." he mimicked, sticking his tongue out. "I don't dig incest."

"Oh, god, Thorgan!" she scrunched her nose, slapping him on the arm.

"I'm serious! I can't believe you'd think I'd shag my own cousin--"

"Shut the hell up!" Maleen hissed, her cheeks burning a bright red.

"Alright, alright. Let's watch a happier movie then," Thorgan grinned, pulling her once again to the couch, "How about Up?"

Maleen raised her brow and sat down across his lap, "I don't think you know the definition of happy movies."

"But, love, we won't be watching anyway." he smirked, wiggling his brows.

"You're nasty!"

But Thorgan was right. They didn't end up focusing on the movie.

They ended up cuddling and whispering their love for each other-- What were you thinking?