weltmeister // bastian schweinsteiger

DIXIE wrapped her arms around Bastian as he fixed his tie. He smiled softly, landing a kiss on her cheek. "It's tilted, mein liebe," she mumbled, turning him to face her, "Here, let me."

Bastian chuckled as she fixed his tie, finishing it off with a kiss. "What could I possibly do without you?" he whispered with a grin.

"Not much, obviously." Dixie giggled and patted his chest, recalling how much of a big baby he actually was. She moved towards her side of the bathroom which was relatively bigger, cleaner, and had more sparkly stuff compared to Basti's dark, sleek side. "I still have no idea what to wear," Dixie pouted, puffing out her cheeks.

Bastian smiled, she was always worried about how she looked. It was his turn to hug her from behind. Resting his chin on her shoulder, he felt Dixie relax in his grip. "Schatz, you'd look good in anything. C'mon, let's try on stuff."

"I have a closet full of clothes, Basti, thanks to you." Dixie frowned, "It's gonna take us forever to just get past one side!"

"Time feels like forever when I'm with you."

Dixie giggled, shrugging him off her, "That made no sense, dumbo."

"It sounded better in my head," he chuckled before gripping onto her hand, "We don't have much time."

Bastian was right--They really didn't have much time to prepare. Philipp had planned a dinner at the teams favourite restaurant to celebrate their win, and it just had to be a black tie event. He dragged her to their walk-in closet, which had never ending shelves of shoes, racks of clothing, and drawers filled with different bags and accessories. Dixie never found it necessary for Basti to get her all this since she worked at home, but he always insisted on getting his princess the best of things.

"I start in that side," he pointed to the rack on the left, "and you-you sit down." Bastian pushed her onto the couch, which faced a mirror, and proceded to dash around in his suit in hopes of finding the perfect dress.

"Basti, baby, you don't have to." Dixie laughed, watching him act as though he was back on the pitch, "I have my own eyes, schatz."

"Ta-dah!" he finally announced, lifting up several dresses. "These ones suit my tie."

Dixie grinned and urged him closer, patting the spot on the couch beside her. Once he took his seat, she stood up and started going through his choices--Most of them were either black, grey, or red; It was nowhere near the colour of his tie, which was blue. "Baby, are your eyes okay?" she giggled, discarding the red ones.

"But red makes you look sexy," he pouted, before grabbing one of the white dresses, "I like this one too!"

Dixie bit her lip, carefully examining it before nodding, "This might just work. Wait here-"

"You're going to dress up somewhere else?"

"Of course, Basti. I don't need you in the mood during a black tie event, dumbo." she giggled with a wink before skipping out of the room, the dress in hand.

She returned moments after, clad in one of the white dresses he had suggested. Dixie turned to face herself in the mirror and frowned. "I look like a cupcake."

Bastian bit his lip to stifle a laugh, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. "A beautiful cupcake."

"A cupcake nonetheless!"

He finally let out a laugh, spinning her around and planting kisses all over her face, "My cupcake."

It was hard for her to bite back a smile, but eventually, Dixie realised she wasn't in the right mood for the event. "Why don't you just go without me?" she whispered, afraid she'd upset him. Bastian looked away, as though contemplating whether or not to get upset, but realised it would be of no use. He loved her too much to get upset.

"No, liebling." he replied, pulling her into a hug. "Let's miss it this once. We always have dinners, anyway."

"But you guys are Weltmeister! You deserve to go, Bastian." Dixie frowned, pushing him away lightly. "You should't let me destroy your night just because I look bad in a dress."

Dixie hesitated, before nodding slowly. If you say so. Letting him drag her out of the closet, she helped him get out of his suit and into more comfortable clothes. Bastian took out some ice-cream from the fridge. Pushing her back into their bedroom, he took out two spoons and grinned. "Ice-cream and cuddling? We could watch The Martian again since I know you love it so much."

She crawled under the sheets and nodded gently, quietly eating the cookie dough flavoured ice-cream. "Bastian."

He merely hummed in response, his eyes still glued to the screen. "Bastian." she repeated, her voice tangled in concern. "You could still go to the dinner, baby. You're world champions--You deserve to celebrate with them."

Bastian sighed and lowered the volume, prodding her forehead gently with his finger. "Dumbo, I don't need to win to feel like a champion." She squinted her eyes, unsure of what to say. 

"I'm always feel like a Weltmeister when I'm with you, baby." he smiled, landing a tiny kiss on her nose. "I love you."

Dixie smiled, scrunching up her nose. 

"I love you more, my champion."

//

(A/N): Let us just pretend it's still 2014 ok. I saw a picture of Bastian crying when they won AND it nearly drove me to tears as well, so I decided to write about that.

I hope you like it! I wrote this via mobile so if there's any typos or anything, I'm really sorry aha.

Love,

G.