number one // mario götze

LAURA was fidgeting with the pencil trapped between her fingers. She was currently at Bayern Munich's game against Hertha BSC, and she was trying to take down every detail first-hand.

The game had started nearly 60 minutes ago, and although Bayern were dominating the game, the score was still down to nil-nil. Laura felt the entire stadium tense up whenever any team went near the goal, but the ball always found itself in the hands of the goalkeepers.

Laura continued taking down notes, occasionally lifting her camera to take pictures of the game, although she knew she could easily access someone elses pictures or footage of the entire game. Yet, she knew she wouldn't be able to describe the crowd's wave of emotions during each minute.

The familiar #19 in red and black came on as a substitute for Toni Kroos, and a smile instantly found itself on her face. Mario Götze.

He was one of her favourite players, even while he was still back in Borussia Dortmund. She smiled as he ran towards the center of the pitch, his hair messing about with every step he took.

Briefly, his eyes met her green ones, and she felt her heart beat wildly. He sent her a smile and Laura felt her entire world fall beneath her. She quickly fixed her blonde hair the minute he looked away and adjusted herself back on her seat, attempting to remain calm. The game continued on and Laura found herself leaning against the seat in front of her, analyzing the entire game.

Robert Lewandowski had the ball now and was dribbling it towards the end of the pitch, as though looking for a shot. Instead, he kicked the ball towards Mario, who had sneakily made it past the defenders who were too busy focusing on the feared striker. Mario quickly kicked the ball, and Laura felt the crowd stop cheering as they anticipated the shot. The ball soared before grazing past the goalkeeper's hand, hitting the back of the net. Almost instantly, Laura felt herself stand amongst the crowd of fans, cheering as loud as her thoat could manage.

Mario ran towards her side of the stand, pointing up at her before blowing her kisses. Her cheeks reddened and she blew one back, resting down on her seat once the celebrations were over. Bayern had one the game with a goal in the 90th minute.

Boy, did she have something to write about.

•••

"Your goal was amazing, papa!" Isaac beamed, bouncing in the backseat.

Laura smiled, looking back at their three-year-old son, "He's right, liebe. It was amazing."

Mario grinned, his hands resting on the steering wheel as he skillfully turned the corner towards their house. "You two flatter me too much. I wouldn't have done that without Uncle Robert's pass."

Laura gripped her bag on her lap, remembering his celebration on the pitch, "And all the kisses, really?"

"I played to impress you. I did--Didn't I?" Mario raised a brow, resting a hand on her thigh.

"You always impress me!" she laughed, swatting his hand away. "Why do you think I insisted on being a journalist for the damn sport?"

"So you get to watch more of me play, duh."

"Oh, oh. Baby, your papa's being conceited again!" Laura shook her head towards their son, who had magically fallen asleep in the short period of time.

"Don't lie and say I'm not your favourite player, schatz!" Mario exclaimed, his head turning as he parked their car in the driveway.

Laura rolled her eyes and unlocked the car door, "I never said you weren't, liebe."

"Good. Now give me the house keys. I need to pee."

//

(A/N): This one was short--But I was trying to make it seem as though she was just a regular fan? But like.. not a regular fan? This was also about his first ever goal for Bayern!

I hope you liked it and I hope you reach your dream of becoming a sports journalist! <3

Love,

G.