Part I Chapter I: The Rise

They shook hands as they met, John and Heath. Short and quick but still firm. John gathered his luggage and entered the room they were to share the next nine months.

John was a big guy, broad as a highway across the shoulders. Kept his dark hair short on the sides and long enough to grab a fistful of on the top. Always appeared serious and perhaps a little angry, with constantly frowned eyebrows shadowing green eyes and thin lips who never seemed to change expression. He had a hint of a hawk nose and was about always shaved clean.

Heath was as tall as John but much slimmer. He was in very good shape, built like a runner with lean muscle all over. He was pretty as well, no doubt. He had rather large, blue eyes and long eyelashes, plump lips and short cut hair that varied from platinum to dark blonde depending on the light, and a defined jawline specked with scruff. He never used a straight razor and always left something behind. If not, he'd look at least three years younger than his twenty.

John was quiet. He rarely said anything he didn't have to, pissed of countless people by simply not answer questions if he didn't feel like it.

Heath was basically the opposite- extrovert and charming, good at mingling and easy to like.

John turned his head, feeling Heath's stare on his back. The latter held that shared glare, until the until flashed a grin and went outside to smoke.

The sub-lieutenant didn't care who they were or how long they had been there. No excuses, she barked at them while they were on the floor taking pushups. You shall say your name and number after you refer to me by my grade before you talk to anyone above you. Is that clear?

Yes, ma'am.

When they sunk onto the floor she didn't even wait for a salute, just left the room.

"What a bitch," Heath said, currently lying on his back, breathing heavily, only guilty of having defended John as the latter forgot the proper way to talk to an Ensign.

John lifted his head from the ground to look at him. He smiled, nodded, got up and left the room. Without a word, because he was a quiet guy. And Heath, usually talkative and lively, quieted around him, and it wasn't a bad thing. It wasn't like they never talked, but a few understanding glances a day and some united complaining was all they needed to feel the friendship form.

---

Just an introduction chapter, the story will develop very quickly. No filling chapters! Hope you will keep on reading

-ITES