Chapter III

When they returned to base, John called home.

Hearing Sophia's voice made him smile, that faded as Heath entered the room with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. He was originally heading for the closet but now he walked over to John, dropping down on the bed next to him. Heath leaned in to listen to the phone call, and John leaned the other way.

"Yeah, everything's good. I mean, they're hard on us, but what can you expect?"

Annoyed, he pushed Heath away. Then he pulled back his hand as he had burned himself when he realized he was touching Heath's bare chest. He stood up and walked away, sending Heath a glare before he left the room.

"Yeah... I miss you too."

In his free time John worked on his agility behind the storage barracks who held the training equipment. He was strong, always the one who carried wounded soldiers though the woods, but he was far from quick, and he struggled with his stamina as well. He'd be damned if he fell behind. He was just done with the speed ladder when Heath rounded the corner. Maybe he was pissed that he had asked John to train together just earlier, and after the decline John had pretty much snuck away, doing it anyways. But neither said anything, and Heath just joined in on pushups.

"You'll tire quicker if you don't breathe evenly," he pointed out, still taking pushups as if it were nothing four dozen later.

John ignored him, and got a light punch to the shoulder that threw him off balance.

"You hear me?"

John attacked him. They started wrestling, rolling over in the grass. Heath was small and agile but strength won in the end and John had his arms pinned down.

"I'm so fucking tired of you, your smug face and how you think you're so much fucking better than everybody el-"

Heath twisted his arms free, but instead of using them to get free, he grabbed John's face and closed what distance was between them. John jerked back and jumped to his feet but Heath did too, and ignored John pushing him away. Moved quickly and got ahold of the other's face again, not letting go. Not that John couldn't get away if he really wanted to, but it was like every single bone in his body were replaced with jelly.

They backed up until John's back hit the barrack wall and Heath moved in to kiss him again. Three, four brushes over his lips until John stopped holding him on a distance and they crashed together. Teeth, tongues, lips, everything was a mess, somebody started bleeding and nobody cared. It was so raw and aggressive, and Heath's hands were soon down in John shorts, and he gasped as Heath touched him. His vision blurred like he was underwater, and then he came, and was jerked back into reality. Heath's hands left his crotch and pants and started to caress him, but John pushed him away. When he reached out again John bolted, sprinting all the way back to the main barracks.

The next day he nearly broke Heath's arm in close-up combat training. Slammed him into the mat, like they were supposed to, but twisted his arm until Heath yelled at him in pain. When the corporal asked what the matter was John said  accident. Heath rolled his injured shoulder.

"Yeah," he said.

"A fucking accident. Probably my fault as well."

He glared at John before he left the hall to get ice.

---

Told y'all things would go quickly! What will happen next? Who was that on tha phone? Stay tuned!

-ITES