Epilogue

Lily's POV
The doors closing behind me echoed throughout the dimly lit dining room. A long, ebony-wood table was laid out in the centre, the bald, pale figure of what was left of the memory of Tom Riddle sat at the head, his back to me. My slow, steady footsteps resounded in the haunted room as I came up beside him.

"Lily Potter," His red, snake-like eyes slid over me and he rose looking down at me with a cold expression. "I remember you being this confident enough to walk into this room expecting to leave it alive the last time we met."

"Then perhaps it's time for a change."

He held his hand up for silence and I shut my mouth, running my tongue along my lip nervously. I had just walked into the room alone with one of the most dangerous men in the world, who also happened to be intent on killing me.

"Please, do tell me why you think I would believe you are truly on my side?" He held his arms out openly between us and I believe I had permission to speak again.

"Meaning no offence, my lord," I let the new phrase slip across my tongue. "But the acts I have performed against my brother is the reason why I am standing before you telling you Dumbledore is dead." I made sure to let disgust lace the words 'my' and 'brother', and his eyes sparkled with delight at the news.

"Why, that is rather pleasing news."

"Also," I took a small step towards him. "It was my magic that mended the connection between the Vanishing Cabinets, without it Draco would still be stuck. I deceived those who thought me their friend and duelled them in an attack on the Burrow, which I helped orchestrate. But you, my lord, you have seen my magic in action. Don't you think you could find ways to utilize that power?" His slitted eyes drilled into mine. "However, if that does not satisfy you, my lord, I am at your disposal."

We stood in silence regarding each other for a moment. "Miss Potter, if you haven't realised by now, you already are at my disposal."

"Of course, my apologies."

The side of his mouth pulled up in what I think is a smile. "Hold out your arm."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My school shirt and skirt clung to my body as I sat under the freezing water, shivering and staring blankly at the beautifully tiled wall. Draco had to lead me through the maze of corridors to his room and gestured to the ensuite, leaving me as he figured I wished to be left alone.

I guess he couldn't take it as the door opened and Draco, still wearing his school shirt and trousers came, stepped into the room. He knelt down beside me, hissing as the chilly water his back. Adjusting the taps, the temperature became warmer and funnily enough, the maddening sting reduced. He smiled when I gave him a grateful and impressed look. "I've been here done this, remember?"

I chuckle and he gently brought his lips down on the gleefully wiggling Dark Mark. I leant forward to capture his lips with mine and with every kiss he laid leading down to my collarbone, the mark hurt less and less.

Pulling away he looked directly at me. "What?" I asked weakly.

"I want you to tell me honestly, how you are feeling about all this." He tilted his head seriously. "And don't feed me some bullshit to make me feel better."

Smiling, I placed a kiss on his defined jaw, unconsciously making him tilt his head to the side asking for more. "I find rather difficult to tell you bullshit, Draco." After a moment of silence, I leant against the tile. "You really want to know?"

He nodded patiently, entwining his large hand in my petite one. My eyes fell upon the rather antagonising mark and I sighed. "Guilty. I feel guilty."