- EPILOGUE -

[This is it! Thank you to every single person who has taken the time to read this book. You've all been absolutely incredible. Please vote, comment, follow, share, etc.! And please consider reading some of my other Larry fics such as Allies, Six Degrees of Separation, and Once in a Lifetime to name a few. You can find them all on my profile.]

.: Epilogue :.

Bright sunlight poured into the large kitchen, making the freshly-polished countertops sparkle.  A nearby fan blew a cold breeze against Louis's flushed face as he frosted a dozen cupcakes with pink icing.  The plastic piping bag squished between his nimble fingers.  His tongue stuck out slightly with concentration as he squeezed and tried to make the frosting resemble a spiraled pyramid.  But no matter how hard he tried, he'd never be as great as a baker as his boyfriend.

The air smelled sweet, sugary, and warm.  Louis felt sweat beading up on the back of his neck, despite his light and minimal clothing.  He cursed this stupid heatwave.  Louis, Harry, and Zayn had been trying everything to escape the summer heat.  Just one day prior, Harry grabbed a handful of ice cubes from the freezer and stuffed it down his shirt.  Their shared flat was littered with small, electric fans and cold water bottles.  Humidity clung to their bodies and spread like a plague.

So, Louis decided to wear nothing but a loose, oversized t-shirt (it was Harry's) and a pair of purple briefs that hugged his plump bum.  His freshly-shaven thighs felt soft and smooth, tanned like caramel.  He ignored the burning heat as he wiped the perspiration off of his forehead.  He finished up the last crooked cupcake and set it on a silver platter.  He hoped they tasted better than they looked.

"Smells delicious," Zayn hummed, stepping into the kitchen.  He wore a tank top with cut-off sleeves to reveal his tattooed biceps.  He stretched his arms a little, and Louis tried to act like he didn't notice the flex of his muscles.  He didn't like Zayn romantically— not at all— but damn, he was incredibly fit. 

Wordlessly, he plucked a cupcake from the platter and peeled off the paper filter.  Louis frowned and swatted at his hand.

"Hey!  Those are for Harry," he pouted.  "I wanted to surprise him."

Zayn paused around a mouthful of vanilla cupcake.  A dab of pink frosting stuck to his upper lip.  "Oh.  Sorry, mate."

"Way to go, you twat," Louis scoffed.

Zayn shrugged nonchalantly.  "I was hungry."

"Whatever," Louis huffed.  He picked up the dirty mixing bowl and put it in the sink, next to a pile of discarded silverware.  "Do they taste good?  First time I've ever made cupcakes from scratch.  It's Anne's recipe."

"They're lovely," Zayn grinned.  He took the last bit of the cupcake and pushed it past Louis's lips, making him giggle childishly.  He chewed thoughtfully.  It tasted warm and fluffy.

    "I'm a great baker," Louis said proudly, puffing out his chest.  "Maybe I should quit my manicurist job and open a bakery."

    Zayn laughed and rolled his eyes.  "You'd set the kitchen on fire."

    Louis pouted.  "That's not true." 

"Yeah, it is.  You should just stick to cosmetology."

Louis flipped up his middle finger.  Zayn couldn't help but smile at the soft, minty green polish that colored his nails.  Louis had said that it reminded him of Harry's eyes.  They were sickeningly cute, honestly.