iii. university of hogwarts

Dedicated to promethean (Chai) because she is one of my Harry Potter fangirl buddies and I love her a lot. She also needs to be in Ravenclaw because I am. (Forget about Draco Chai you can do it.)

-----------------

          Jenna snores.

            I honestly think that Mum spoiled me a bit by never making me share a room with Phoebe because last night I discovered that I cannot sleep with noise in the room. It has to be dead silence or I’ll be up all night. If I was ever going to sleep again, I have to buy ear plugs, or I will become a professional insomniac.  

            I glance at the clock next to my desk and realize that if Jenna and I don’t get dressed right now, we will be late for our first class, and on top of that, we’ll miss breakfast. Most people don’t believe in the whole ‘breakfast is the most important meal of the day’ cliché, but without some type of food in my system in the morning, I’ll not focus for the rest of the day.

            I reluctantly get out of bed and start to skim through my closet for something acceptable to wear on the first day. I finally settle with a floral dress and a cardigan just in case it gets cold. I look over to Jenna, and something tells me that she was probably hung over.  Being the good roommate I am, I decide to get something for Jenna to wear as well. I remember her saying that she was following the Japanese culture this week so I pick a light blue kimono with white skinny jeans.

            “Jenna,” I lightly shake her shoulder. “Wake up, Jenna.”

            She moans and slaps my hand as if I was an alarm clock. It is pretty obvious that Jenna isn’t a morning person like I am, so I shake her a little harder. She pushes me away again while hiding her face under the covers.

            Mornings are going to be tough for the next four years.

            “Jenna!” I yell. “WAKE UP!”

            That seems to do the trick, and she stumbles out of bed and eyes me viciously. I shrug my shoulders and wait for her to get dressed. Jenna must be used to waking up late, because she managed to get dressed in minutes. I usually like to take my time in the mornings, but then again, not everyone is like me.

            “Alright, let’s get something to eat before I kill someone,” she says as she stomps out of the room.

            Mornings are obviously not cheerful for everyone.

~

            “This food is delicious!” Jenna exclaims as she attacks her omelet.

            “I want to live in this cafeteria. Why didn’t I come to college earlier?” Mason stuffs his face with pancakes; he joined us earlier as we were walking to the cafeteria.

            “It’s like you guys have never tasted good food before.” I say, while chewing my frosted flakes cereal. Unlike Mason or Jenna, I decided to eat a light breakfast to calm my nerves.

            “You obviously have not met my mum. I love her a lot, but that woman cannot even boil water,” Mason replies.

            “My parents never cook, we always ate out.  I don’t think I’ve ever had a home-cooked meal in my entire life.” Jenna continues stuffing her face.

            “My mum isn’t big on cooking either.” I say, which is totally true. Mum never really bothered to cook before, and we always ate out.