Chapter Eighteen

• Dédié à BROOOOTHER. ♥ 3a*'s ? You geek. Hah, love you. ♥ -Your little sister<333333

Big shoutout to: iJoker, yoshikatie1, iBeckiXx for always being so supportive ♥ It's Aiden again :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to nobody cares. Population? 6 billion," I muttered to myself as I headed downstairs. Mum was sitting at the table, looking at her hands - not moving. 

I sat down as well, picking up a plate and putting in a piece of toast. Mum didn't look up. I sighed, I didn't know it'd hurt her this much.

"Mum?" I called for her. She didn't move, not even a inch. Her eyes were not blinking. My heart stopped, as I continued glancing at her. Finally, they closed - and her beautiful blue eyes looked straight at me. "Mum?" I repeated.

"I won't be home tonight."

"Why?"

"Bye," she simply said. She got up, putting her jacket on and then leaving the house. So quietly. The whole house seemed so still, silent - desserted. 

Maybe I should go to school now... I thought to myself. I had to give back my library book, and it's friday so I should be early. Then, weekends. Sleep in all I want.

Finishing my burnt toast, I dumped the plate in the sink and then locked the front door pocketing the key. I started up my car, sitting down, and drove off. As I drove, I kept my mind steady and free. I didn't want to think while driving, did I?

Once I arrived at school, I saw Jay sitting in his car. I parked my own car next to his, and then tapped on his window. He seemed surprised to see me, almost scared - and then rolled down the window.

"Yes?" He asked, carefully.

"Don't worry, won't hurt you." I joked. "I just wanted to ask if Kacy's okay?"

"Haven't talked to her," he admitted.

"Are you kidding me? Get talking to her now. Idiot," I whispered under my breath. He raised his eyebrows, rolling down the window and getting out of his car. I walked away towards Laura. She was standing by her own car, focusing on her breathing.

"Um, hey?" I said to her, waving my hands in front of her.

She snapped out of her trance. "Oh... sorry," she giggled a little - but suddenly, that hard expression is back. "Their here."

"Who?" I asked, confused.

"Them."

"Who?"

"No one." She laughed, looking directly at me. "Let's get out of here. Please?"

"Ok..." I agreed, putting my arms around her and leading her out of the car park. We walked inside the building, into the library. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay POV's

Oh, god. I've been such a moody idiot recently, it's not even funny. As I held all my papers for the next lesson, I went into the dark classroom. I switched on the lights, exposing to Kacy who sat there, head down.

I stared at her, my heart skipping a beat. She hadn't talked for a while which was sad but honestly, I've had so much on my mind.

My dad returned home, yeah - that abusive one. Macy wasn't going to stand for it, but I had to agree. He was our dad after all and we had to give him a roof. After all, he was the one who got with mum and made us.