Chapter Five

A/N When the Author updates!!

Initially her morning wasn't as awkward as she had expected considering last night's episode

Initially her morning wasn't as awkward as she had expected considering last night's episode. Possibly it was because she hadn't had to interact with the gorgeous specimen as of yet or she was too indulged in brewing her coffee that she failed to recall another human-being amongst the chaotic tower of sheets sleeping next door or even the prime indicator of his shirt tangled in with her own laundry. It indeed had slipped her mind so Claire still half-asleep, unaware to her surroundings had turned in alarm at the sudden appearance of a half-naked man entering the kitchen.

-"Are you going to pick that up?" He commented, his eyes trailing towards the floor where her feet sat comfortably in a pair of slippers. Failing to mention that shattered pieces lay helpless amongst the surface evidently due to Claire's cloddish performance of dropping the mug beforehand. Claire did only what a normal person would do and gape mindlessly towards the broken pieces as if it was something of an illusion.

-"Well?"

Claire blinked twice asserting her attention towards the half-naked man whose pyjama bottoms hung low on his hips and at that moment, his tongue glided across the bottom surface of his lip. Her knees wobbled in response, her toes curling at the sheer sight.

"Claire? Hello? Problem?" The movement of his lips soon became words from the continual snap of his fingers ringing reality. Claire frowned, "Okay, okay. I get the point."

-"Good. I'd thought I would have to pour a jug of water over you."

Claire sighed crawling down to her knees to begin to pick up the pieces. He remained where he was towering over her as if he was assertive leader. She dared to look up. "I can see I'm not going to get any help here." She said.

Zack refrained the urge to walk off feeling accustomed to that feeling of allowing others to tidy up for him, and instead got down to his own knees to join to gather the smaller pieces before placing them in the centre of his palm.

"What startled you anyway?" Zack asked.

Claire sighed. "You scared me. Okay? I forgot."

-"Forgot this sexy body?" Zack sneered.

Claire rolled her eyes as she got back up to her feet. "Of course." She said with sarcasm. Although despite her denial of his accusation, she couldn't help but feel truth in the matter. How could she blame herself though? A man wearing nothing but a towel last night and pyjama bottoms this morning saunters into her kitchen? It would be mad not to!

"It's okay, darling. I wouldn't blame you. I'd dig me." Zack said, smiling discreetly to himself.

"There's a mirror in the bathroom. Go ahead." Claire offered.

Zack laughed. "I will then."

Claire rolled her once again before heading out of the kitchen without the relish of her morning coffee that had been wasted upon Mr Conceited back there. She could only hope he lingered in the kitchen for a while so she wouldn't have to encounter him outside the bathroom. Her best option was to take clothes in with her, in case she so happened to come face-to-face with him, and barely able to maintain the towel around her. At that thought, a cold but delightful shiver ran down her back.