Chapter Thirteen

Cute (HIS HAND)^

The pool was a medium sized one that was built in a strange, indeterminate shape. Almost like an oval but with many odd curves and turns.

"It looks...,"I started, staring at the pool with a towel under my arm.

"I don't think it was supposed to be a pool at first," Fin said, "but they dug it up, filled it up with water and...you get the idea."

"It's cool."

He smiled, dropping his towel on a nearby beach bed. "Are you coming in?"

I shrugged, dropping my towel on another chair and walked towards the stairs.

"Oh, c'mon. You're a lot more fun than that."

"What?"

"Let's see who can make the best cannon ball."

I groaned a reply, distancing myself from the pool.

I took a deep breath and held it before I sprinted towards the edge of the pool and jumped, holding onto my legs briefly before I crashed against the water.

I sunk down, a whoosh of water in my ears, the coldness enveloping me all over.

I opened my eyes and was surrounded by a slow motion of swirling colors, the sun casting odd screens of light to the bottom of the pool.

I resurfaced, kicking my legs furiously, gasping as my head shot out of the water, feeling the burn in my eyes and the odd, suffocating feeling of having swallowed about a mouthful of pool water.

"Move out of the way," Fin said, and only gave me a few seconds to back off before he came crashing in.

I watched as he quickly floated back up, pushing his wet hair out of his face.

"So, who won?" I asked.

"Me," he said, "but I'll give it to you since you look great shirtless."

I grinned stupidly, splashing water in his direction. "Shut up."

"Wanna race?"

We raced from one end of the pool to the other, tried out a bunch of underwater tricks, like standing on our hands and somersaulting.

Eventually, panting and out of breath, we dragged ourselves out of the pool and laid down on the ground beside it, chests heaving as the sun instantly began warming the water off our skin.

Fin lifted himself up, leaning on one hand as he glanced down at me.

My breath lodged sharply in my throat as soon as I took him in. His hair hung over his eyes damply, wet droplets of water sliding down his cheeks, his eyes bright with wonder.

"What do you want to do now?" he asked.

My eyes caught the way his eyes fell to my lips briefly, and he took my breath away all over again.

I tilted my head subtly to the side.

"I don't know, whatever you have in mind."

"Do you feel like riding a bike around?"

"A bike?"

He chuckled. "Yes, that contraption with two wheels used for transportation? Sound familiar?" he jabbed his finger against my side.

I rolled away from him, and he laughed. "Well?"

"I don't know how."

"What, really?" He sounded genuinely shocked.