Chapter Twenty

Fin shook me awake halfway through that night.

He was on top of me, hips tightly pressed against mine, but not for the usual reasons.

My hands were pinned beneath his on the pillow above my head.

"What?" I asked, eyes widening as I struggled to push him off me.

He reluctantly let go.

I could barely see him in the dark, only his slim figure and the worried lines on his forehead.

"You were trying to attack me," he hissed.

I was too shocked to respond right away. "I would never..."

He sighed, climbing off of me to settle down by my side. "I know."

I turned to him, trying my best to examine him in the dark. "Did I hurt you?"

He shook his head. "I managed to hold you off and you woke up before things got out of hand."

"Fin, I'm so sorry-"

"You have nothing to apologize for," he said.

I rubbed my eyes. "What happened?"

"I think you were dreaming again," he said, carefully articulating every syllable.

"Why now? It stopped. Why is it back?" I asked, fingers clenched.

"I have no idea. I was...holding you as usual. Even when you started moving. You don't remember anything?"

"Nothing, like it didn't even happen. I just feel the adrenaline rush like I usually do after w dream."

Fin rested his hand on my waist. "You okay?"

I swallowed. "Yeah, I think so. Just a bit shaken up."

"Do you want to try going back to bed?"

"I don't think that's going to work. What time is it?"

"1:23 AM. I'll stay up with you."

I shook my head. "No. You don't have to."

"Shut up," he said, "I have an idea."

He slid out of bed and I followed suit.

He flicked the lights on in his room.

Fin walked over to his closet and pulled out a few items of clothing before walking up to me. He thrust a few in my arms. "Change into these."

I glanced down at the clothes and began tugging my clothes off. Fin had found a pair of his old pajamas before bed.

I felt Fin's eyes rake over my body, making me smirk as I began taking my clothes off at a much slower pace.

"Tease," he muttered under his breath as he tugged his clothes over his boxers.

I smiled broadly.

After we were both fully dressed, Fin flicked the lights off again and turned the door knob to his door.

"Where are we going?" I asked, tugging at the sleeves of the hoodie I had on, grateful for its warmth as the halls in the house were almost freezing cold.

"Why do you always ask such questions? Wait and see."

"You do this all the time."

"It's more fun than just giving you the answer."

I shook my head and started to retort when his hand slipped into mine.

I shivered.

"Sorry," he said. "I'm not used to its warmth either."