Chapter 10

"Bazzy!!!"

My six year old sister jumped on me almost toppling me over at the front door.

"Hey there, Stace." I said hugging back my sister. "How was school?"

"It was fine I guess." she said shrugging "I wish you were there though. The other kids thought I was lying when I said a got an older brother now. They said that you can't get an older brother unless you had one for a long time. If I got one just now they said that they're my little brother. But you're too tall to be my little brother. "

I chuckled at my sister's words "Maybe one day I'll go pick you up from school and then they'll listen. I can't have other kids mess with my little sister right? "

"Right!" she agreed "So what are we going to be doing today?"

"Well I have some homework to do" I said lifting my satchel back to my shoulder. "Maybe we can work on our homework together."

"Okay!" Stacy chimed and grabbed her coloring books that were scattered around the living room. "And I know where we can go do homework. Daddy likes to let me use this room. He calls it a study room. There are a lot of books and stuff. And now that you're here we can go use it! I don't like being there alone. The books have faces and they stare at me like crazy. Come on!"

She started till race up the stairs towards the west wing of the house. I started to follow her in a calmer pace. It's great to be back home for the weekend.

~()~

Saturday night after dinner, dad went to his office to do some last minute adjustments before his Sunday break while my sister and I went back to the study room. I was half way through my English paper when I looked at my sister. She was already knocked out on the study table. Her cheek pressed on her hand while the other held a crayon.

I chuckled softly and looked at the time. It was seven pm. I should probably start getting ready. I saved my work, closed the laptop and cleaned up a bit.

Then I gathered Stacy in my arms and she leaned on my shoulder wrapping her arms around my neck as just walked there back to her room to sleep.

I placed her gently on her bed and tucked her in. She looked so calm asleep like this, so peaceful. I smiled as I thought of the time I was six. Life was so simple. Eat sleep study play.

I sighed as I walked out of her room opening her night light and turning off the lights.

I head across the hall towards my room and started looking for something to wear. I changed into a long sleeved green shirt and a faded denim jacket

The door bell rang and I grabbed my wallet, phone and keys. I left the room and ran down the stairs to find my dad answering the door.

"Hey Mr. Smythe!" Nick said as chipper as ever. "Is Sebastian around?"

"Yeah." He said letting my friends in.

"Hey Bas!" Thad said as I approached them. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah."

Jeff and Nick went to the car and Thad went to the back seat.

"Be back before midnight." Dad said "And be careful."

"Will do." I called back as I climbed into Jeff's car.

"So boys are you ready get this show on the road."

"Yeah!"

~()~

Scandals was the picture of a typical bar. Then again other than Paris, I hadn't been into any bars. But Scandals was a perfect example of how a bar would look like. It was a simple brick clubhouse with these purple lights and a sign that says 'scandals' in bright baby blue letters. It was a typical gay bar.