Chapter 17

Barry let Sebastian take charge. I hardly felt much of what's happening. I was feeling a bit numb to be honest. It was like my older self was taking a backseat and let my defense go into autopilot.

The little competition was supposed to take place in one of the multipurpose rooms in Dalton. We found our way to the large ballroom like area and only one of the New Directions came. It was the Latina teenager wearing a little black dress, blazer and a hat.

"Hey Andrew McCarthy." she said "Don't know if you heard but Blaine may lose an eye. The same Blaine that was besties with most of you not four months ago."

I told you that would happen. The rational part of me said while my defense just crossed his arms.

"Wait, are you serious is he going to be okay?"

"Yeah sure if he doesn't want to see in three dimensions."

I looked over to the worried warbler with a serious look. "Trent, I got this."

I gave the Hispanic cheerleader a cold look "Bummer, about Blaine. But he shouldn't have gotten in the way though that slushie was for Kurt."

"You may look like the villain out of a cheesy eighties high school movie. But you should know I am fully prepared to go all Danny Larusso on your ass." she glared at me in the eye and I couldn't help smirk at her sorry attempt to intimidate me. "What was it huh? Glass? Asphalt?"

"Red dye number six." I shrugged

"You're a liar."

I paused and turned towards the other Warblers. "She questioned my honor."

I stepped forward and looked down at the other teen. "I demand satisfaction in Warbler Tradition."

"What you wanna have a duel?" she demanded and I gave her a forced smile of agreement. She turned to the band. "Cello guys can you hang back for a minute I'm going to need you for this one."

"Everyone else clear out." I commanded "I don't want you to see me make a girl cry."

"Let's just keep this on going."

The cellists started to play the intro of a familiar song. The girl, whose name I think is close to 'Satan', sat down on a seat in the front row in front of the cellists crossleged. I circled the chairs predatorily before the song started.

Uh, as he came into the window
It was the sound of a crescendo, uh!
He came into her apartment

I went behind her chair and teased her seductively which left her a caught her by surprise.

He left the bloodstains on the carpet, uh!
She ran underneath the table
He could see she was unable
So she ran into the bedroom
She was struck down, It was her doom

She stood up from her seat and started to circle the seats on the other side.

Annie are you OK?

So, Annie are you OK?

Are you OK, Annie?

Annie are you OK?

So, Annie are you OK?

Are you OK, Annie?

Annie are you OK?

So, Annie are you OK?

Are you OK, Annie?

Annie are you OK?

So, Annie are you OK?

She crossed through towards the middle of the room and grabbed me by my collar and tie pulling me around.

We started to circle around like cat and mouse pushing each other and getting on each other's face. I am not going to lose to this girl.

Are you OK, Annie?
Annie are you OK?
Would you tell us that you're OK (uh!)
There's a sign in the window
That he struck you - a crescendo Annie
He came into your apartment
He left the bloodstains on the carpet (uh!)
And then you ran into the bedroom
You were struck down
It was your doom

Annie are you OK?
So, Annie are you OK?
Are you OK Annie?
Annie are you OK?
So, Annie are you OK?
Are you OK Annie?
Annie are you OK?
So, Annie are you OK?
Are you OK Annie?

You've been hit by
You've been hit by
A Smooth Criminal

The scene was getting intense the cellist were playing the interlude of the song and it just kept getting faster and faster until...