Monsoon Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It was the house. The house from my dream. It was so beautiful, so magnificent. Carmen turned to see what I was staring at. She looked frightened but I was in awe. I walked towards the house slowly; it was as if I was being pulled by an invisible force. Like I was suppose to go in, but why this house? Why me?

It was a small house, with stone steps in front. The windows were shut and it looked dark inside. It had a gloomy look to it. I approached the front steps hesitantly. The wind had stopped and the birds had disappeared. Carmen was behind me.

"I don't think we should go in," she said backing away slowly.

"C'mon, don't be such a chicken", I said walking up the steps. I turned to face her, but she was already out of sight.

"Whatever," I breathed. I turned once again towards the house. It looked different this close, more menacing in a way. But yet I still reached for the front handle and peeked through the doorway. Why am I here anyway?

"Hello?" I asked quietly. I don't know why I bothered asking. This place looked like it had been deserted for years. I opened the door and walked through slowly. It was even more amazing inside. Pictures on the wall that dated back to the 1800s. The living room set was breathtaking. I didn't touch anything, thinking it might unbalance it. The way the light shone through the window made it seem like I was back in the past.

Creeeeeaaaaaak. The sound was so loud that it startled me. I turned to see someone in the corner of the room. The boy from my dream! But where had he come from? I was sure there had been no one else here when I came in.

"Hello?" I called out, my voice cracked at the end. Okay I'll admit I was scared but ywho wouldn't be? A few seconds passed by. Silence. Maybe I was dreaming. I pinched my arm to make sure.

"Get out", he said. "You can't be in here", his voice scared me. I didn't know how to respond. He turned around too fast. His face perfect in every way. It was round and soft. His midnight blue hair, pointing to every direction possible. His small lips parted at the corner. I could tell he was angry. His nose, small, but it fit his face. He looked like a Greek god and a model from Paris. My heart skipped. Jeez, what was with my heart today? I moved a bit closer.

"Stop, get out." He said. His voice sounded softer. As if he was begging me to leave. But I wasn't going anywhere.

"Why?" I asked, curiosity killed the cat Liza. I ignored my conscience.

"You have to get out of here now", he said. But then he looked behind me and his face went pale and stiff. Horror was written all over his face. Something was behind me. I could feel it.

"Don't move", he whispered. He was behind me in an instant. Whatever was behind me moved ever so slightly. I could feel my heartbeat race. I knew I wanted to look behind me and as soon as I did, I did a double take. It was a little girl no more than 5 years old. Adorable and small. This was what this idiot had been afraid of? Wow. She looked like she had been crying.

"Awww, hey what's wrong?" I asked, kneeling in front of her.

"Stop. Get up. That's not a little girl", the boy whispered hastily.

"Come and play with us", she said slowing reaching for my hand as she had me in a daze.

I almost touched her hand when the boy pushed me out of the way and threw me against the wall. And right in front of my eyes, the little girl's eyes turned pitch black and she let out a piercing hiss. Her hands turning into black claws.

"Run!" the boy yelled, jumping towards the creature. He didn't need to tell me twice. I was out of there so fast, it felt like I flew. I couldn't feel my legs, and I didn't realize that the stone steps were so close that I fell. The creature was behind me, chasing me, it looked so evil. All I remember thinking was, I'm dead, I'm going to die, I'm dead. Everything was in slow motion as I fell to the ground. The creature leaped in the air, and everything went black. Then I saw the same blinding white light resembling the same one from my dream.