Monsoon Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Beep! Beep! I opened my eyes and looked at my mom waiting for me in the car. I looked at Chase. He was alive? Beep! Beep! What was I doing here? Is this another trap? We were both dead five minutes ago! My mom honked again. She stuck her head out the window.

"Come on Liza you don't want to miss the opening seminar at camp", she yelled. Summer camp...SUMMER CAMP?! I stopped breathing. What in god's name?! I haven't gone to camp yet? Wait that means I haven't met Max yet! Then I wouldn't be a demon and Chase wouldn't die! I wouldn't die! I looked at Chase. Searching his face for something, anything...but I knew what I was looking for. Then I found it. Right there, obvious on her face along with other features. It was the love I'd been looking for. I smiled and walked to my mom's car.

"I suddenly don't want to go to camp this year mom or any year after that", I said still holding onto Chase. I saw a smile form on his face from the corner of my eye. My mom didn't argue, she just got three hours of her life back.

I took a deep breath. I felt the wind blowing my hair gently. I looked up at Chase again. If I was really meant to meet Max then so be it, but I wasn't going anywhere without my Chase.

The End.