Monsoon Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Chase? What is he doing here? I suddenly remembered when I had left him before, he must have grabbed onto me when I came here. Oh come on Chase! You freaking idiot! I started to move forward.

"Tsk, Tsk, I wouldn't do that if I were you", it said shaking its head. Why? What was wrong with him? I looked at Chase. He sat there on the ground with his head bowed. He looked dead. Oh crap.

"One of the demons got...how would you say attached to him and well they've been...getting to know each other", it said, a smile in its voice. It looked back at Chase. What was that suppose to mean? Chase moved and he opened his eyes. Pitch black. Max crouched down, ready for an attack. Wait was Chase a demon now too?

"No he's possessed." I heard Max say. Chase titled his head to the side as he looked at me. I really hate when they did that.

Max took a sharp breath and sprung forward towards Chases, but another demon came and cut him off. Throwing him against the thick black rocks. He fell unconscious to the ground. I stopped breathing. There goes my protector. But what about me? Aren't I a demon now too? What could happen to me?

"Newer demons are easier to kill, easier to break..." the leader replied. Oh come on, I can't do anything!

Chase walked towards me and in a second he was an inch away from my face. I was frozen with fear. I started to cry again. Jeez, I was so emotional these days. He looked at me and smiled evilly. I started to cry even more. I traded my soul for nothing. Chase lifted his hand to my face.

"What are you crying?" he mocked.

"Don't do this", I blurted out. I couldn't breathe. I was shaking uncontrollably. Chase looked at Max and then back at me.

"He doesn't love you Liza, not like I love you", he said staring at me. I completely stopped breathing just then. He just told me he loved me. Oh my god.

"That's not him Liza, don't listen to him", Max whispered attempting to getup. A demon came and kicked him in the face. I tried to look at him, but Chase was still holding onto my face and he held onto my waist tightly. I couldn't move. Of course this wasn't Chase, but I'm sure the real Chase was somewhere in there. He looked at me again, and pulled me closer. This time he whispered in my ear.

"Come with me Liza, forget about him", he whispered. I looked at him now. What was I going to do? "It's me Liza, its Chase. I'm right here in front of you", Chase said, but his voice sounded more gentle. Okay that was definitely my Chase. "I love you Liza", he said looking into my eyes. I could have cried, but something still didn't feel right. I wasn't comfortable in his arms.

He caught me off guard and he kissed me. No this definitely wasn't my Chase. I was such an idiot. Chase would never kiss me the way this Chase did. I pulled away and I guess he got mad; his face was filled with pure hatred. He had his hands on the back of my neck so I couldn't turn away. He leaned forward again, for my neck this time. Oh crap. I felt his soft lips graze my skin. Slowly he opened his mouth and I felt his hot breath as he leaned in closer. They were going to slowly kill me I can already tell. I took a sharp breath and I let the tears fall. I was going to be killed by the person I loved the most. I felt his pointy teeth pinch through my skin and he ripped open my neck. Then the frenzy began. He continued to rip my skin off. He cut the main vein in my neck and I saw red everywhere. I was dying painfully. I cried out for him to stop, but I was paralyzed. I started to see black spots in my vision so I knew I was going to fall unconscious at any minute.

Then he stiffened. His teeth still in my neck. I looked at his face. It was confused. He wasn't looking at me anymore. He picked up a stick from the ground. Here it is my death. I could feel tons of blood escaping my body from the gap in my neck. I was afraid to touch it. I closed my eyes maybe it wouldn't hurt as much if I couldn't see it happening. I mean it can't be as bad as the pain I felt in my neck. I could hardly stand up, I waited for it. A couple of seconds. Nothing, wow was it over that quickly? Then I heard a gasp. I opened one of my eyes and looked down. I was still alive, well for now anyways. I quickly looked at chase. My blood was all over his face and shirt, his mouth was in a thin line. His eyes were his usual hazel. He staggered a bit.

"Liza", he whispered. Seconds later I saw a demon appear behind him. Cursing as it ran away. Okay so now I'm positive this was my Chase.

"Chase look, the demon, it's gone", I said. I tried to sound happy but I couldn't, I already felt myself getting dizzy from all the blood loss. I looked at Chase; he wasn't as excited as I thought he'd be. I mean come on. The demon who was taking over your body just left. He was pale now. What...? I looked down and I saw the stick. My mouth dropped in horror. Deep in his abdomen. Oh my...Chase had killed himself to save his soul. To save me. His body was falling backwards, I caught him and he slowly went down to the ground. My neck hurt even more, I tried to ignore it.

"Liza", he whispered again. I laid him down on my lap. I couldn't hold back the tears. I was crying hysterically now. No no no no no. This can't be happening!

"Liza I'm sorry", he began.

"Shh, don't talk; you're going to be okay." I held him up, his face and inch away from mine.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you I loved you. It's just that, the way I feel about you is so much more than that", he said. I went speechless again. What? "My love for you...it's like..." it was getting harder for him to breath. "It's like a monsoon because whenever I'm with you, there's such intensity that I can't even handle it", he said. I just stared. "From the moment I first saw you I loved you, right there and then", he breathed. I shook my head. More tears.

"Don't leave me", I cried.

"I love you Liza, always have, always will. I feel like an idiot that I couldn't tell you", he tried to laugh but stopped. I guess it hurt too much. I cried even more now. No please. Don't take him, anyone but him. Take me instead, he doesn't deserve this. He looked at me and his breathing became smaller. No he can't die yet. He just couldn't.

Stupid Chase. Why did he have to go and follows me? Why?!

"Chase stay with me, don't go", I blurted out. I held onto him tighter. I had so much love for him it hurt to even think of him gone for even a second. I couldn't-I wouldn't let him go. Slowly his breathing decreased and then it just stopped.

"No Chase come back!" I yelled. I was shaking him now. "Come back!" I cried. I held my chest tightly. I couldn't breath. I fell beside him as I looked up at the black rocks.