15

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about"- Angela Schwindt

"I was thinking," Sophia says, walking into Lucas' bedroom and plopping down on the bed. "We should plan a night out for Dad and Pop. Like, bring back old memories for them."

"You just thought of this now? It's November," Lucas says dryly.

"I know but now they aren't fighting. They seem a lot better but I think they need one extra push for Dad to be totally sure. Maybe we can talk to Pop and have him plan it out with us and he can surprise Dad? He would love it!" Sophia beams.

"I actually think you might be right for once. We should talk to Pop though and find out."

"Maybe we can recreate their first date!" Sophia exclaims. "Dad would love that!"

"It was at a pancake house, right?" Lucas asks. "We could definitely make it happen."

"Yeah! Dad couldn't say no to that," says Sophia.

"When Pop gets back from work we can talk to him," Lucas says. "Now get out of my room, I'm busy."

She sticks her tongue out at him and walks out of the room. Lucas sighs and thinks about the perfect way to get his parents back together properly. He feels like he's been the adult around here lately, with his dad never being around and his other dad struggling not to cry and scream at the drop of a hat. He wants his family to be fixed again. He wants them to be unbreakable, like they used to be.