Our Love Will be Remembered... (Ch 28)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMERED...

Chapter 28

Obviously, when you kidnap someone, they aren’t going to like you right away. That’s something I had anticipated.

I hadn’t anticipated to be annoyed with how much she hated me though.

She kept screaming that her father would find me and cut me into little pieces, starting from the toes so I would have to eat the little pieces… or all sorts of nice little scenarios like that. Honestly she had quite a colorful imagination. Whatever helped her get through the kidnapping, obviously.

But I wasn’t maltreating her or anything. I was just keeping her in a room against her will. And it wasn’t even a filthy, awful room, it was a plain room but it wasn’t bad. Of course I understood her anger though, so I stayed patient.

Of course I still had to work, and do other things, I couldn’t constantly watch over her and I think that it’s her boredom that got to her in the end. She wanted me to be there because she needed the company, even if it was just to scream names at me.

After one week she tried reasoning. She said kidnapping her wouldn’t change her father’s mind and vote. He would still be a stuck up republican and so on. She tried to have me talk to her, but after a few hours she was the one doing all the talking. She complained about her father and about her life and how unfair all of this was and how much she didn’t want to die. And then the complaining became her hating her father because he would never deal with terrorist and that’s when I realized that technically I was the terrorist, or kidnapper… either way even if her father had wanted to make a deal with me, I wasn’t asking for a ransom. I should have told her that her father had actually begged on national news for the kidnappers to name their prices.

Either way, things evolved. I knew that technically she was happy to see me—though she probably would have been happy to see any human being at this point—but she also completely hated me at the same time.

She was torn, and it was a good thing.

She was getting more and more confused about her feelings and I was still utterly in shock that I had been able to pull something off like this.

To be honest, I think it was some kind of sick self-destruction death wish I wasn’t even aware of having…

After three weeks of being captive, Coraline wasn’t madly in love with me, though it was kind of a far fetch dream, I knew, but still…

My social life was pretty much inexistent at that time, but one night I managed to go to my aunt.

I was down that day, Coraline had threw her food at me and yelled her head off all the while I had been there. Part of me was still taken every time I looked at her, but another part of me was slowly beginning to resent her. She made my life so complicated…

Juliet had been reading some teenage fiction book and had complained about how the love story was so bad compared to the old ones she had already read and that’s when I had snapped. “Want to know why love isn’t beautiful anymore? Because there is no duty and no fatality to it, it has become predictable. And there’s no death. And lovers aren’t fighting circumstances and outside forces, they argue and they fight with each other. Love has become tainted.”

Juliet had looked at me, frowning, her eyes… contemplative. All night she had been looking at me like I was some sick puppy to be honest. “No Tristan you’re wrong… love is still beautiful. You’re just looking at it the wrong way. It’s the obstacles that make love worthy. It’s conquering those obstacles to make it stronger and better.”

I had pondered over that thought for a while…

Conquering obstacles…

That night when I had gotten back, I went straight to the safe place I kept Coraline.

I thought it was my new mind set that had suddenly changed her attitude towards me because when I got in, before I could even say a word she had threw herself at me.

The rest was easy to guess…

Well not exactly.

With what I knew of love I knew that Coraline was definitely feeling something for me. But I also saw she was torn. Especially when her gaze fixed on the gun I always brought during those little visits.

She got a hold of it before I could react.

Coraline pointed the gun at me.

She wasn’t sure though, I could see it in her eyes, I could see her faltering.

I tried reasoning with her.

She gave me the gun.

I pulled the trigger.

And then I fell to my knees and wept.