Our Love Will be Remembered... (Ch 29)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMBERED...

Chapter 29

After that I did the first thing my heart ached for.

I drove to my aunt.

I had let it go turn bad. That second Coraline had taken hold onto that gun and pointed at me, even though I had convinced her not to shoot, still in that second, it was that fear, that twisted love that I had been fighting against all my life to never have to feel. During that second our love—how ever small it had been—had almost been turned to nothing. Worthless. Meaningless. Tainted.

I had let that happened.

How could I had?

I should have had forsaken it.

For one thing, I had been stupid to think something like that could end any different way. I was in a dangerous territory, juggling too much with hate.

And it was my fault, all my fault. I hadn’t put as much depth to our love as I had with others. Our love had been tainted because my feelings weren’t entirely for Coraline.

I had loved another one.

I loved another one…

So that night, I snuck into my aunt’s house and tip-toed to one of the many empty rooms and slept like I hadn’t slept in a while.

This whole Coraline thing had really taken it’s toll on me.

And when I had opened my eyes, much later, it had been to two deep blue ones.

The sight I had wanted to wake up to. There she was, looking over at me with her big eyes, watching over me like an angel.

We had both stared at each others for endless seconds, and then the corner of her mouth had twisted into a small smile and she had said, “Well, you look like shit.”