Our Love Will Be Remembered... (Ch 11)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMBERED...

Chapter 11

Darya was and is still to this date the shortest love I will ever have experienced.

I met her at a two days masquerade in Venice. The mask and the costumes. Everything was perfect and magic and eerie.

Darya was the most beautiful in my eyes of all the ladies at the celebration with her petite figure in her golden gown and her red mask over her pearly skin, auburn cascade of hair floating around her delicate face. She looked like she came straight out of a painting.

I had never felt such strong feelings so fast for someone. The minute I had seen her, it was as if every essence of my being was screaming that I needed to have her.

There was something so mysterious to her. I was captivated.

Still I wasn't stupid. The chances of actually being able to captivate her myself were quite slim considering she was almost the lady of the hour.

But as always, I was lucky. Everything was chaotic and by fortuity I was paired up to dance with her. I don't know why but that one dance was almost intoxicating. It still haunts my dreams. Everything about those two days of celebration felt like a dream.

The atmosphere of the masquerade obviously had an effect on everything. That one dance almost put a spell on us. After it there was this feeling of urgency.

She had told me she was here with her fiancé. The way she had said it made me believe she didn't take to much liking into the man. But maybe it was just the way I wanted to hear it.

There were so many things that made this love grandiose. For one thing, that sense of forbidden, thinking about the fact that her fiancé could catch us was something I had never experience as strongly. Of course Margaret had been married but her husband was never there and there was Fay's parent, and there had been my morals with Ursula that could have been a barrier, and Wendy was a barrier in herself. But I had never experience such a rush as I had with Darya.

Running from rooms to rooms while holding hands. Secluded closet we had to hide once because someone had walked in the room. The proximity of that moment had left us breathless. We stared in each others eyes as if our whole lives had been forged for this instant.

Sometimes it feels as if Darya was really only a dream. There was this drunken-like feeling to it all. But I can still remember her voice, her melodic voiced with her Italian accent as she spoke to me, her breath on me that smelled like strawberries and champagne, her soft hands, her light weight... I remember it all.

When the celebration was almost to its end, though, I knew our love would too. It would never be the same. But in the same time I wondered... maybe I didn't need to kill Darya. I could have left her be. She was too precious to die. I actually believed that.

But then we had taken our coat and walked out, in the street side.

"I will never forget you" she had whispered, barely able to look me straight in the eyes.

The break-up felt painful, more than I had ever felt.

"For ever and always, you will always have my heart..." she had added and then I realized this was a sign. This HAD to mean something.

She was precious, but wasn't the purity of our love more?

The answer came to me when I felt the inside of my jacket's pocket.

It wasn't my jacket. It was one exactly like mine, expect the little addition. A gun.

So as I had always had, I chose to preserved our love and in return end Darya's life.

That jacket thing was definitely luck. I had always been lucky... Maybe even too lucky.