Chapter 7- Amnesia

AN: I’d just like to say thanks for all of the amazing support I’ve been getting from all of you! I know I’ve been saying it on my page in the comments, which I’ve been broadcasting to you, but some of you who read this aren’t my fans and wouldn’t have gotten that, so I’d just like to say thanks on here! :D Anyway, onwards.

Yeah here we go for the hundredth time,

Hand grenade pins in every line.

Throw ‘em up and let something shine,

Going out of my fucking mind,

Flickering. My entire body was screaming; agony was the only thing I knew. What was going on and what had occurred was a mystery to me, but at the moment it wasn’t my concern- ending this pain was.

I was on the brink, I could feel myself fighting but my body arguing for me to go back to sleep and never wake up. It didn’t want to function, and my mind agreed. It didn’t know what it was doing, didn’t know who I was. It didn’t know anything besides writhing pain.

Letting out a scream, I forced myself up. You have to do it; you have to live. A voice encouraged me. “No shit, Sherlock,” I rasped, my throat burning from the lack of use and hydration.

My tongue was dry and I was laying in something that felt like sand. The fact that we were in a desert came to me and I found this a viable idea, but then I realized that I would need water if that were where I indeed was.

Looking around, I saw nothing for miles. No towns, at least. Cars were burning around me, pieces scattered across the golden grains. There were bodies too, and a lot of them. There were too many to count though, at least at the moment.

I pushed myself onto my hands and knees and noticed a small bottle of water lying not too far from me. That was fairly easy. I thought to myself before beginning to crawl, ignoring the agonized burning my body was portraying.

A body I passed was familiar; the man, at least I think that was the correct gender, had obviously been someone in my life. I couldn’t pay him any respects though; I had no idea who I was. Half his face was burned away as well, it was possible I had him confused and he just looked like someone I knew.

I reached the bottle and drank; taking only what was necessary. From what I could see, I was going to need to survive out here and I would need water for that. I might as well save some for when it’s really needed.

Filthy mouth, no excuse,

Find a new place to hang this noose,

String me up from atop these roofs,

Knot it tight so I won’t get loose,

After I had sated my thirst, I took the opportunity to assess my body; look for injuries. There wasn’t anything life threatening that I could see. Sure, I was covered in minor scratches and bruises, but nothing I should genuinely be worried about.

Somehow even my hair had remained virtually unharmed.

Looking at the carnage around me, I wondered how it was possible for me to not be dead or seriously injured. It appeared as if nobody had survived but me and I questioned that. Who was I to have been able to survive whatever had happened?

Slowly, I stood up. I had to get out of here. Whatever had occurred had obviously not been of natural events, somebody had done this; and I would find out who when I got the opportunity.

I put together a plan.

Truth is you can stop and stare,

Run myself out and no one cares,