Chapter 9 1/2 Snippet

Okay so this is not quite chapter 10 but I know you guys have been waiting patiently for something! So here is a tiny snippet of chapter 10. I think there are only going to be two chapters left and this is over. I will of course try to make them longer. Just bare with me. I've been working and have a lot going on right now. I have more of chapter 10 written but I'm no where near finished. So I am giving this snippet to let you know I am writting when I can. I hope you enjoy it....

-Dante-

I watched as Sherice walked into the building. Damn, she was beautiful and I doubt I’ll be able to control myself once I get in the apartment.

My buzz was slowly but surely wearing off.  I took a deep breath and opened the door then got out. I made my way into the apartment and was feeling so good that I took the stairs up to my floor. Nothing could knock the grin off my face. Sherice said she would be waiting for me in her room. Just the thought of that had me excited. I walked up to my door and walked in. I locked the door and turned to see Amelia standing there.

What the hell!?

I rubbed my face to make sure I wasn’t imagining her there and I wasn’t.

“Amelia, what the hell are you doing here?”

She sighed and walked towards me. “Dante, I’m sorry I didn’t know where to go. He hit me again.”

My blood was boiling. Of all fucking nights, she came tonight!!!!

“I thought he was getting locked up,” I said as calmly as possible.

She sighed and sat down and mumbled something. I honestly didn’t care. I was worried about Sherice and where she was.  

I walked away and went upstairs and knocked on Sherice’s door. It was closed. Oh god, don’t tell me this night is over….

Sherice came to the door in sweats and her hair pulled back into a ponytail with a t-shirt on. I sighed and asked “Can I come in?”

She looked a little angry but nodded and opened the door more. She walked away and I grabbed her arm. “Sherice, wait-“

She cut me off and turned around “No, it’s fine Dante. I don’t know what we were thinking anyways. You’re still married and I’m engaged. It shouldn’t have went as far as it did. I’m sorry. It’s good that she’s here. It reminded me of how wrong this is.”

I frowned and suddenly felt a sadness wash over me. Is she serious? “But Sherice it’s not like that, I-“

She raised her hands and rested them on my chest and sighed. “Dante….tonight was amazing….and I don’t remember the last time I’ve had this much fun…but we can’t do this anymore. It’s just not right. So please leave…and go take care of your wife.”

Her words cut me. Wife. Yeah it’s true that Amelia and I are married but I could care less…the feelings I have caught for Sherice are deeper than that.

I sighed and grabbed her hands and held them while staring into her eyes “Is that really what you want,” I asked hoping she’d say no.

I watched as she closed her eyes and bit her lip. “Yes Dante, this was wrong from the beginning.” I nodded and let her hands go. I backed away and whispered “okay,” before walking out of the room.

I stood outside her door not knowing how to feel. This night went from amazing to horrible in less than thirty minutes. I can’t believe this just happened.

I walked downstairs slowly and saw Amelia standing up with her purse. “Where are you going,” I asked her.

“I’m going to Stacy’s…I didn’t mean to intrude Dante. I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were messing with your roommate.”

I felt my jaw tighten up. How dare she say something like that? “Yeah, I think it’s best that you go Amelia. I don’t appreciate you just showing up here when you feel like it. Call me next time.”

I watched as her face showed a sadness, but I didn’t care. It’s her fault this night ended like this.

“Oh….okay.” She turned around and walked out the door without looking back. I locked the door and walked back upstairs to my room feeling the saddest I have been since finding out my wife cheated on me.

-Next day-

I woke up with a slight headache. The smell of bacon wafted into the room. Sherice is cooking? Maybe she didn’t mean what she said last night.

I hopped out the bed and slid on some basketball shorts and made my way downstairs. It was quiet but I could definitely smell breakfast. I came around the corner only to see the kitchen was empty. I was disappointed to say the least. So she must’ve cooked breakfast before she left for work. Damnit.

I sighed and leaned on the counter. When I looked forward I noticed a notecard with a plate of food next to it. I picked it up and read it aloud.

We’re still friends so don’t worry. Enjoy : )

                                                Love,
                                                Sherice

I smiled but knew that last night was truer than I had hoped. We really were just friends now.

I told you that was a snippet. lol. PLEASE don't be mad at me. I know you guys were expecting something else for this chapter...but that's not what I wanted to happen yet. Believe me it will and you'll be happy you waited....So just bare with me pretty please with these last two or three chapters. I am working on it as much as I can. But in the mean time, what did you think? Are you upset at all about what happened? Let me know and maybe I'll change it...Idk...but just let me know what you thought. Vote if you liked it and want to know what's gonna happen