5.

Emily's pov

We got out of the car and walked towards the entrance of the cinema. I was walking close to Cameron, looking around and taking in my surroundings. "Hey there they are!" I heard Cameron say as he waved to a group of kids. We walked up to where they were and Cameron greeted everyone. Thankfully, there was one more girl in the group.

Once they were done greeting,everyone's eyes turned to me. I felt uncomfortable since I didn't know anyone of them, and I really didn't enjoy being the center of attention. "Guys, this is Emily. She's... Um.. My new neighbour. She moved here yesterday" Cameron introduced me, while I was standing there awkwardly smiling and trying not to make eye contact.

"Welcome! I'm sure we'll become best friends!" the other girl came up to me and engulfed me into a warm hug with a grin on her face. "Thanks a lot. I'm happy to know I have a friend" I smiled back. "Hey, what am I?" Cameron pretended to be offended. "I thought you took me here so you can get rid of me" I smirked. He didn't answer back.

Once I met everyone, and by everyone I mean Mahogany, Nash, Matthew, Taylor and Carter I felt much more confident and relaxed. They were all pretty cool and fun to hang out with. I could get along with Mahogany very well. We were a little away from the guys, talking while they were deciding on what we should choose to see.

They finally ended up choosing a movie I didn't even know, and I wasn't quite interested in watching it. The time went by pretty slow during the movie, and I was relieved when it finished. We all walked out of the movie theatre together. The guys were goofing around and talking so loud they were getting glares from people around.

"Are they always like that?" I asked Mahogany with a chuckle. "All the time. You might find it weird, but this is one thing that makes me love these guys even more" she smiled while looking at them as they were laughing and yelling. "They act like kids" I pointed out. "That's right. But it's still so nice to be around them all" she admitted. It was so nice hearing these words from her. I knew then that the friendship they all shared was really special. And I was glad to meet them, because now I felt like part of it.

"Yo, guys let's go to my house and hang out" Matthew said. I checked the time and realised it was already almost ten. "I should go home, sorry" I declined and gave Cameron a look signaling him to drive me back home. He gave a confused look in return, so I assumed he didn't get what I meant. "Can you drive me home?" I asked and he nodded quickly walking towards the car. "I'll meet you guys at Matt's house" Cameron yelled before getting in the car. I got on the passengers seat and we started driving back to my house.

"Did you have fun tonight?" Cameron asked me with a smile, glancing at me once and returning his gaze on the road. "Yeah, the guys and Mahogany are all so great" I answered as I was looking out the window. The rest of the ride was silent, and in no time had we arrived at my house. "Thanks a lot for tonight" I smiled genuinely, as I was about to get out of the car. "I'll see you" he waved. I opened the door to my house and he pulled out of the driveway, driving down the road.

[later]

It was almost midnight, and I was still wide awake. I was sitting on my bed, drawing random things when I heard for once again something hitting my window. I smiled to myself, knowing it was the person I most wanted to see right now.

I climber out my bed and run to the balcony. Cameron was once again on his roof. "You never get tired of going up there, do you?" I laughed. "You can see the stars from up there at night" he said looking at the sky. "Come here and see" he held his hand out for me. "Hell no! I'm not jumping from one balcony to another" I shook my head. "Ok then, come to my house and I'll help you up here" he suggested. I slipped my vans on and walked downstairs silently, hoping not to wake up my mom. I was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a buggy tee shirt, but I didn't really care since no one was going to see me.

As I got our of the house I ran through my garden and up to Cameron's porch. I didn't bother knocking, since he opened the door for me immediately. We went up to his room, which was the one directly across from mine. We stepped out on the balcony and he climbed on the roof first. "Come on" he said holding both his hand out for me. I got up on the ledge, holding onto Cameron tightly. He pulled me up and sat me next to him.

We laid on our backs, staring at the lit up and full of stars sky. The silence was relaxing and enjoyable. "Cameron?" I turned my head to face him. "Yeah?" he looked into my eyes. "You're my best friend" I smiled and so did he. "I'm honored" he chuckled,and I giggled along.

We sat on the roof for at least one or even two hours more. We were laughing and joking. He told me stories about him and his father and how they used to sit on the roof just like we did, and how his father taught him things about the stars. My eyes saddened. I never had such an experience with my father, and we were never close. He wasn't there for me, he wasn't the person I looked up to like he should have been.

"Is everything okay?" Cameron asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Its just that, I wish I was as close with my father when I had the chance. He was never there for me" I sighed.

He sat up and looked at me. "Is this something that you really wish?" he asked, I gave him a confused look. A smile grew on his face. "You get to make three wishes. Whatever it is, just tell me and I'll make it come true" he said. "You're not being serious" I rolled my eyes while chuckling. "But I am. Just make sure to use your wishes carefully" he winked. "Wishes never come true" I shook my head in disbelief. "I'll make them, trust me" he said confidently. "Okay" I said still not believing him, though.