11.

Emily's pov

Around two hours had passed, and I was sitting on my bed with my laptop besides me and my textbooks open. I was trying to finish a project for Spanish. I had made sure to shut the curtains when I entered the room, so I wouldn't see Cameron at all.

I knew we were going to make up sooner or later, I just didn't feel like seeing him at the time. The sound of the doorbell echoed through the house. Seconds later, the voice of my mom calling me was heard. "Honey, someone's here to see you" she yelled up the stairs. I quickly took off my glasses and jumped out of bed, rushing downstairs. I already knew who it was...

"Hey there" I heard Matthew greet. "Hi" I smiled, walking to the door. "Mom, this is Matthew. He is here to hang out for a while" I introduced him to her and then let him in. "Its nice to meet you Matthew, Emily told me you guys had a nice time together today" my mom said kindly, sticking her hand out for him to shake. "Nice to meet you too Mrs. Thomas, and I sure had a great time with your daughter" Mathew answered laughing, while shaking her hand.

"We'll be upstairs" I said dragging him to my room. "So, what do you want to do?" Asked Matt. "I don't know, anything you'd like" I shrugged. "What about a movie?" he suggested. I nodded and took my laptop, going to Netflix. Matthew grabbed it from me and chose a movie. "I can't watch a horror movie" I whined when I saw the movie he had chosen. "It'll be fine" he rolled his eyes playfully.

He laid on my bed, covered himself with a blanket and took a pillow, putting in under his head. "Yeah,make yourself at home" I laughed and sat near him. He pressed play and the movie started...

After less than an hour, I was already burring my face in the pillows and trying not to get too scared, which was no use. "Are you scared?" asked Matthew, glancing towards me. No shit! "Scared?" I scoffed "I'm not scared". He didn't seem convinced. "Come here" he said patting the spot next to him. I got closer and he wrapped his arms around me securely. "Does this help?" he asked with a bit of laughter. I nodded. "I always save the day" he smirked. "You put me through this you idiot" I hit his arm playfully. "Wow you hit like a girl" he chuckled. "Girls hit hard too. Don't mess with me" I threatened but he just laughed at me once again.

We continued to watch the movie, well actually he did. I only sat there with my eyes shut most of the time. When the movie ended Matthew decided it was time to get back home. "Bye Matt" I said as he walked out and I was leaning against the doorframe. "Goodnight Emily. I'll see you tomorrow" he said getting in his car.

I was about to go upstairs, when my mother spoke up from the living room. "Matthew seems like a nice kid" she said. I walked in the living room and sat next to her. "He is" I nodded my head. "But did you make up with Cameron?" she asked. "No, not yet" I sighed looking down. "And what will you be doing tonight?" she laughed. What was that supposed to mean?

"Um, I don't understand" I looked at her confused. "I know you've been going to his house every night. Do you think I would know what's happening in my own house?" she chuckled. "I wasn't doing it secretly" I admitted. "Of course you weren't. I trust you and Cameron" she smiled.

"I'm a little tired, so I'm going to bed " I announced, getting up from my seat and going back to my room. I laid down on my bed, thinking about all the things that had happened that day. I slowly drifted asleep, at the thought of Cameron, wishing we could spent another night on his roof, talking about the most random things we could possibly come up with.

<morning>

I woke up at the sound of my alarm clock going off. It's only the second day of school and I'm already finding it hard to get up. Great. But I didn't want to be late again, so I'd much rather get up than be on the teachers' 'Black list'.

I rubbed my eyes, the sunlight was unable to bother me today, since I still had my curtains closed. I got up and headed to my bathroom. After washing and doing what I had to, I got dressed in a pair of ripped denim jeans, a white tee that said 'pizza is my boyfriend' on it and my white converse. I didn't feel the need to look fancy, so I just left my hair in its natural loose curls.

When I got downstairs, I met my mother in the kitchen. We exchanged our 'good mornings' and I decided it would be better to start heading to school before it gets late again. I kissed my mom goodbye and picked up my bag from the floor. I put on my shades and walked out.

It was a very sunny day in California, as always, and the weather was warm. This time,, walking to school felt much better than yesterday. Probably a morning walk cheered up my mood. When I arrived, a few other students were there but not many, so I was certain this time I wasn't late.

As I walked through the parking lot and towards the building, a group of guys started whistling when I passed by them. "Is this the new girl? Emily? Well damn" one smirked at me but I just gave him a look and kept walking. "Jerks" I muttered to myself.

I was walking in the hallway towards my locker. When I reached it, I put in my books and bag and only kept the stuff I needed for Biology. As I was ready to turn back and leave, I was suddenly pushed against the lockers...