Chapter 1: How cliché

{Chapter 1}

Today was Monday. My least favorite day of the week, I've to get to work soon. Since I don't got enough money to buy myself a car I need to walk, just great right?

I got up from my bed and changed into my jogging clothes. I went out and ran my usually lap around town with my earphone plugged in my ears. The music was blasting throw my ears to the point when I couldn't even hear my own thoughts.

I'm hot

You're cold

You go around

Like you know

How I am

But you don't

You got me on my toes

I'm slipping into the lava

And I'm trying to keep from going under

Baby you turn the temperature hotter

Cause I'm burning up

Burning up

For you baby

I was too focused on the lyrics that I didn't see the car that was heading towards my direction until I heard the horn a few times. I moved aside and the car just drove off without glancing back at me.

That was weird.

"Katy! You're late."

I kind of forgot about the time since I was showering; never disturb a girl during her fantasy concert in the shower. Yeah he’d have slapped me if I said that, luckily I didn’t.

"Justin, I'm so so sorry. Please don't fire me. You know how much I need this job. It won't happen again"

I'm so messed up. Justin, my boss, is going to kill me. If looks could kill damn, I'd be barried 6 foot down the river right now.

"It's okay; this is your last warning tho. I can't tolerate it anymore."

I felt relief wash throw my body. I need to step up and take responsibility now. That can't happen again.

***

I just finished work; I'm on my way home. I'm so tired I don't even think it's possible to be this tired. Today sucked, big time!

Someone almost hit me with his car, I got late for work, I slipped in front of a hundred people, I feel asleep on the milk products , I even got seven kids to cry cause I was drooling. They thought I was a cannibal, kids... I'll never get those. And of course I had to lock up the place. Now it's 11: pm and I've no ride.

I hate waking home alone at night. If I got raped or killed right now I wouldn't even be surprised. I bring bad luck, I'm a complete mess. It's about a ten minute walk home, I'll survive this. I hope.