Alex Gaskarth Imagine.

~Based on Missing You by All Time Low~

I heard that you've been
Self-medicating in the quiet of your room,
Your sweet, suburban tomb.

Alex was the only one who knew about your past. He had to know, he new everything about you whether you wanted him to now or not, and sometimes it was a god send, others however, other times it made you feel suffocated. However, you supposed that it was only because he cared so much about you, not that you knew why. That was one of the things that confused you most about your relationship.

And if you need a friend,
I'll help you stitch up your wounds.

You owed your life to Alex. He had saved you in more ways than one. And most of the time unknowingly. It was the little comments and looks and touches that made you feel alive. And you hadn't felt that way in so long that you were overwhelmed, but in the best way.

I heard that you've been
Having some trouble finding your place in the world.

"You belong here." He would say when you were bundled in his arms, the room quiet and dark, the sound of nothing but your synchronized breathing could be heard and, you thought, yeah, I do.

I know how much that hurts,
But if you need a friend
Then please just say the word...

"I'm always here." His voice was everything. It helped you breath, and it helped you cry, and it helped you mend. It was the fuel you needed to restart the fire that had dimmed inside of you, and you knew, deep down, that you could always count on him. "Just say the word. And there I am."

You've come this far,
You're all cleaned up,
You've made a mess again,

There were times when you had trouble.You broke. It was only natural. That's what everyone said, but it made you feel like the shittiest, most selfish person in the world. Especially when he found out. When Alex came to help, cleaning up your wrists or thighs, whispering how much he loved you and how he just didn't understand, and how he was hellbent on making sure you got better.

There's no more trying,
Time to sort yourself out...

Sometimes he got angry, when he thought you weren't looking or wouldn't noticed. And him being angry was always followed by him feeling upset and you couldn't decide which one you hated more. It was awful knowing that you had made him like that. That it was you that had got him so frustrated he was crying.

Hold on tight,
This ride is a wild one,
Make no mistake,
The day will come when you can't cover up what you've done,

"It's a part of you." He would tell you after watching you trying to cover up more of your scars. You hated that they were a reminder, you hated that they were etched onto your skin, mocking you, saying, look what you're doing to yourself, we're going to be here forever.

Now don't lose your fight, kid,
It only takes a little push to pull on through,
With so much left to do;
You'll be missing out, and we'll be missing you.

"You've got to keep fighting. You gotta push through." You wanted to. You needed to, for him. "There's so much that you've still got to do. You'll be missing out on so much if you give up now." His voice was a soft whisper against your hairline from where you were pushed into his embrace, clinging on so tightly. "I'll be missing you."

Grit your teeth, pull your hair,
Paint the walls black and scream, "Fuck the world
'Cause it's my life, I'm gonna take it back,"

"Fuck this." He said one day. "Fuck everything." His words were gentle, the tone of voice making you feel safe, protected. "It's you're life. Do whatever you want with it." He smiled, and his smile was contagious, causing you to crack one in return, one that was genuine and didn't feel forced.

And never for a second blame yourself.

"None of it is your fault." Small kisses placed over your shoulder lulled you into unconsciousness and you weren't sure if you were supposed to hear that, but you smiled all the same, holding on to the man that was your everything just a little bit tighter.

Hold on tight,
This ride is a wild one (this ride is a wild one),
Make no mistake,
The day will come when you can't cover up what you've done,

There were things that you wanted to cover up. Things that needed to be kept to yourself, but you didn;t feel ashamed of them anymore. You knew that if you needed someone, anyone, at anytime of the day or night, you knew he would be there. Alex would be there holding you and telling you that you would win the battle that was going on in your head.

Now don't lose your fight, kid (don't lose your fight, kid),
It only takes a little push to pull on through (push to pull on through),

And you knew that if you fought hard enough, you would get there. And now you had something to fight for. Because you knew that if you gave up now, you would be missing out on so much,you would miss out on fast food burgers, and watching the stars, and reading books, and learning new things.

With so much left to do;
You'll be missing out, and we'll be missing you...

You would be missing out on him. So you fought.

~ Hope you liked it! Tumblr - ameliarosetalks.tumblr.com ~