Michael x Luke (5SOS)

~Highschool!AU, Nerd!Luke, Tutor!Luke~

Luke prided himself on being smart, it was one of the only things that he found he could be happy with himself for. The only thing that he hated about his intelligence was the fact the teachers saw him a someone who had all the time in the world to tutor those who needed it.

He didn't. Have time that is. He works hard, always has, he wasn't just born smart, he wanted to make his parents proud, not that it was something that they forced on him, they were actually very much all about him doing whatever he wanted to do, but he still wanted to make them proud, so he worked hard to get god grades and he was going to make something of himself.

He didn't mind actually tutoring people, in fact he kind of thought it was his way of expelling some of the knowledge that was crammed in his head. So, yeah, he didn't mind. Unless, that is, their Math teacher asked him to tutor none other than Michael Clifford.

Now, there's nothing wrong with Michael, it's not like he's a bully, or a really mean guy or anything. It's just that, he's like really, really, hot, and Luke might have a teeny, tiny, little, crush on him, (a massive one, and has been nurturing this crush since year 7).

Luke agreed though, always eager to please, and not brave enough to deny a teacher. So here he was, waiting in the back of the library during his free period. He was looking through all of the materiel that his Math teacher had asked him to help Michael through, thinking about how to go over it and how to approach teaching things to him when a shadow hovered over his table.

Looking up, he first saw the tuft of bright red hair sticking out of the black snap-back that sat backwards on Michael's head. Luke had to swallow a little to subside his anxiety a little, but he smiled all the same, and to his surprise, Michael smiled back.

"Hey, you're Luke right?" He questioned, an eyebrow raised as he pulled out the chair opposite and took a seat.

"Y-yeah. That's me." Luke smiled, mentally face palming at the small stutter, but if anything Michael smiled a little bigger.

"I'm Michael." Luke chuckled a little, and nodded his head.

"Yeah, I know." He shrugged a little as Michael laughed and scratched the back of his head. "So, like, you wanna get started?" The blonde asked raising an eyebrow and starting to shuffle through the papers in front of him.

"Not really, but sure." Michael laughed, grinning up at Luke and Luke smiled back, fighting back a giggle.

***

So, that's how it went, for the next 3 weeks, Luke and Michael met at the table in the back of the Library every second day and talked about Maths. Well, mostly anyway. Michael had a tendency to steer the conversation to music, or video games, or what Luke liked to do when he wasn't studying.

("C'mon, there must be something that you do other than study?" Michael smirked a little, balling up a piece of paper and throwing it in the direction of Luke's arm.

"I don't really get a chance to do anything else." Luke shrugged, fiddling with a few of the wristbands on his left wrist.

"Nothing at all?" Michael giggled, (Luke had come to love that giggle), shaking his head a little. "I pegged you for the shy exciting type." Michael winked, actually winked, at Luke and Luke thought he stopped breathing for just a second.

"I mean, I play the guitar, but you already know that from Music class, so no not really." Michael smiled, and Luke decided the change the subject. "What about you? I know you play guitar and stuff, but do you do anything else?" Michael shook his head, narrowing his eyes.