00 | prologue

[ October 13th X784 ]

[ edited Apr. 2020] 

"C'mon Aria!" the pink haired dragon slayer whined, and nearly dragged his hands against the guild halls wooden floors. "Don't go on a mission by yourself! Bring me along, I'm dying in here!" he complained and looked over at the ice Mage and the celestial wizard that were giving him glares.

"Sorry Natsu, but so am I. Seriously, you guys need to start spending some time apart. You're starting to get way to clingy..." she said, and looked down at the male who was on his knees, gripping her waist with his arms.

"Please," he whispered close to her ear. "Don't leave me with them..." he said and looked over at the red-headed S-class Mage who was literally glaring daggers at him

"You're being dramatic." she said flatly, and pushed his face away from her body with the hard palm of her hand. "If you want to leave so badly, go on a mission with Happy or something." She said and flipped a strand of blonde hair out of her face and placed a hand on her hip.

Natsu didn't answer and instead let his head hang as he heard his fellow guild mate call out for her partner.

"How come Presley gets to go with you?" he asked and continued to whine and complain. He folded his arms over his chest and began to pout. "I'd be a better teammate than she would be." He muttered. When he raised his eyes up, he was met with a swinging fist to his face.

"Cut it out Natsu!" she said and knocked him flat onto his butt.

"C'mon Presley." she said and walked out the guild halls double doors with her partner following close behind her.

As Natsu watched the blonde walked through the doors, he mumbled and cursed to himself. He heard the sound of knuckles cracking and metal clashing together behind him, and he only began to complain even more.

"What was that you were saying?"

♛♛♛

"Gosh, Natsu can be really annoying sometimes." the blonde beauty said and sighed.

"I guess that only goes to show how much he looks out for you. You're lucky you have that guild as a family looking out for you. Natsu's just doing his job of being the over protective big brother. " Presley said and smirked when she knew she was right.

"I know, I know. He's just doing too good of a job. And he's clingy." Ariana said and chuckled.

"So what's that job you chose?" Presley asked and listened to the sound of the wind rushing past them as they neared their destination. "It better be something that pays a lot. We're broke..." she said and hung her head in shame.

"90,000 J to beat up this gang terrorizing a town in Fiore. " Ariana said and smirked. "I should start taking solo jobs more often. More money for me!" she said and giggled.

"And me!" Presley said and smacked the blonde upside the head. "Just because I'm a cat doesn't mean I don't want money!" the caramel coloured exceed exclaimed and began flying with more intensity.

"Sorry, sorry!" Ariana said and looked down at the kingdom of Fiore as they soared high above it.

"There, down by those towers." Ariana commanded and pointed to where her exceed was to land. She planted both of her feet gracefully on the ground as the two of them descended, and looked around at her surroundings. "This jobs going to be way too easy..." she mumbled to herself, seeing the whole group of bandits for her disposal. "They came right too me!" she cried out loud and chuckled to herself.

"What are you laughing at sweetheart?" one of the men said. He seemed like he was the leader of the gang as he stepped up and cracked his knuckles, trying to intimidate the blonde.