11 | tears

[ July 4th X791]

When news came to her of Sting and Rogue losing to Natsu and Gajeel, all she could hear was the deafening noise of silence ringing in her ears. 

"Apparently he was pretty badly injured." Wendy finished, assessing the blondes state in front of her and giving her another round of healing. 

Her ears perked up at her final words but then a wave of contempt washed over her. Then she quickly understood that she honestly couldn't care less anymore. She'd spoken her truth to him and expressed how she felt towards Sting. She couldn't love him as long as he loved his guild. Until he realized his surroundings there was no getting through to him- he wouldn't change. She didn't even know if she could bear to consider herself his friend anymore. 

It would be too hard for the both of them. As much as she knew she cared for the dragon slayer, her beliefs came first. Her principles of family and love were beyond anything else and being with him broke those principles. 

Presley sat obediently on the chair nearest to her dragon slayer, playing with her caramel colored tail as she sat and waited for something to happen. 

"Thanks for checking up on me Wendy," Ariana began, acknowledging her words with a brief nod. "If you don't mind I think I need some space." her voice was meek, hardly louder than a whisper and if not for her enhanced hearing she might not have even heard it. 

"It's no problem!" the bluenette replied cheerfully, clearly sensing a disturbance in her mental state and quickly complying to her request. "Also," Wendy chimed before leaving, her hand in the door handle to Ariana's room. "I won't tell anyone if you need to go out and clear your head. You're fine enough to maybe walk the streets." Wendy told her and smiled when she saw the blondes expression light up. 

"Are you serious?" Both Ariana and Presley looked excited now. The blonde really needed some air and the arena, despite its massive size, was starting to feel stuffy to her. She desperately needed to go one a walk or something. Then, a devious smile formed on her face. "You think I'm feeling good enough for a few drinks?" 

Wendy nearly deadpanned at her words and a worried expression was clearly shown. "Um, maybe not too many. Please don't  overdo it." she told her guildmate. She empathized with Ariana and hated seeing her practically trapped in a hospital bed. 

"You have my word." Ariana replied and gave her a thumbs up, one that Wendy hesitantly returned before promptly leaving her room. 

Ariana quickly turned to Presley with a grin, one her exceed was waiting for. 

"Thank God! You know how boring it is here." Presley said, hoping off the chair she was seating on and starting going over to the small backpack that Erza brought for Ariana, stocked with a few changes of clothes and home made sweets to satisfy any hunger. "Your tank top and shorts aren't here, probably getting fixed or something."Presley told her when she searched through the bag. The caramel cat pulled out a pale yellow long sleeve top, one with a high neckline and lettuce hem. She paired it with a tight blue denim skirt and casual white slippers that seemed to be her size. 

"These must be Lucy's clothes or something..." Ariana said when she put the outfit on, feeling a striking resemblance to what her friend would often wear. 

"Whatever, you still look great." Presley complimented anyways and guided her dragon slayer to the door. "Take it easy though." she reminded her when she watched Ariana stumble slightly with every other step.

Her bruises were still very much there, but nothing that Wendy's magic didn't ease. Most of her cuts were healed and the biggest matter was the pain she felt in her abdomen. It was faint but there, stinging whenever something contacted it. It made her wonder if going outside was a good idea, but when had that ever stopped her.