12 | memories

[ July 6th, X791 ]

"You're clear!" Wendy's voice was cheerful. "I guess all you needed was a goodnight sleep and a day full of rest!" the small slayer cried with joy, pulling all of the bandages off of her abdomen now, revealing only a faint red mark from where the wrappings once were.

"Are you serious? She's clear to participate?" it was the voice of a concerned Erza now who squeezed herself closer Wendy to make sure that she heard her correctly. It all came as a shock to her. To see how serious her condition was just a few days ago it was news to her that Ariana would be able to compete in such a short time.

"Really?" Ariana cried. She'd sworn that after two nights ago she made her condition worse. "So I can actually participate in today's battle?" she asked and agreed with enthusiasm. It was hard to believe the bluentte, but after she'd checked Ariana's state there was no denying it.

"Ready to win this thing?" Ariana asked, now standing up from her bed.

"You already know I picked out your outfit for today." Erza replied and gave her a wink, using her magic to pull out an outfit for Ariana.

Erza linked her arm in hers as well as Wendy's and guided them out of the room into the meeting that Master Makarov was holding for the guild in their hall. It was deciding who was able to participate and who was going to go on the rescue mission to the castle.

It was a quick walk to the guild hall, one that Erza made even faster by dragging Wendy and Ariana in her arms, with Presley struggling to keep up behind the redhead.

She'd entered the guild hall with a bang, nearly kicking the door down before she stepped in.

"Sorry we're late master," Erza said, bowing slightly to Makarov who had his arms crossed where he sat. He nodded and let Erza continue to speak. "But good news! Ariana's cleared to participate again!" and with those words, her guild members jumped in around her to celebrate, even a smile formed on Makarov's face to hear it.

"Settle down now." he spoke and the guild quickly quieted, as he continued what he was saying.

His guild members continued too, speaking about the situation at hand, and the situation Ariana had to be continuously briefed on by Wendy's checkup visits and constant visits from Erza, Gray and Natsu.

"A member of our family has been taken against our will," he spoke loudly, now holding down a rowdy Natsu. "Believe me we all want justice, but we can't just all go storming the castle, that's too risky." he continued. "But we will not let them get away with this. We are Fairy Tail!" he finished.

♛♛♛

"July 6th, the final day of the Grand Magic Games!" a voice bellowed over the speakers and fireworks shot in the air.

The blonde could hear the loud cheers from where she stood.

The other guilds were being announced and their footsteps were loud and arrogant. Though, now it was their turn, and just before they went out, Ariana quickly got in some stretches to make sure her body was feeling its best.

The gate in front of the five opened and purple smoke filled the area.

"You guys ready?" Erza questioned, placing her hand on her hip as she began to strut out into the arena. Ariana nodded, along with the other three around her. Then, they all began to walk in unison, pushing back against the smoke that covered their faces.

"Unbelievable! Fairy Tail is keeping us on our toes! The man who single-handedly defeated Sabertooth is now sitting on the sidelines!" the announcer pointed out when the five of the members were now out in the open. Of course, the crowd was confused as to why Natsu was not apart of their final five, but no matter- they were winning this either way. There stood Gajeel, Laxus, Gray, Erza and finally, Ariana.