13 | midnight

[July 6th, X791 ]

It was night time now and the dark sky indicated that it was almost nearing midnight. 

The Fairy Tail team was still inside of the arena in the Grand Magic Games, celebrating their victory among the four of them while Ariana and Sting stood together just off to the side with Lector still in Sting's arms. 

"So let me ask you guys something," Sting began and grabbed the attention of the Fairy Tail members around him. "Why wasn't Natsu participating today? Is he hurt or something?" he asked and his navy eyes staring into Ariana's, full of concern for Natsu. 

No one gave a response, not even Ariana who hesitated before closing her mouth. She didn't want to worry Sting with the news, but something big was coming. All she did was shake her head and give him a reassuring smile, one that warmed him and eased his worries about his fellow dragon slayer. 

Though, Ariana still hoped to share more of her feelings with Sting. After their hug at the end of the game, she wanted to tell him how she felt and she wanted to hear him out too.

But with her guild mates so close she didn't feel like it was the right time to do it. 

Of course she knew Erza and them would eavesdrop on every last second of their conversation if they did talk about it. Instead, Sting and Ariana settled for their close proximity and small exchanges with each other for now. 

Not before long, all the guilds were called to the center of Fiore, summoned by the King who ordered them to be in their respective guilds for the time being and stating it to be a matter of urgency. With that, Ariana and Sting separated and both blondes returned to their own members. All of the guilds now circled around the center of Crocus's middle, the king standing on a ledge not far above them.

"I'm so terribly sorry that we don't have the time to bask in the afterglow of the recent Grand Magic Games victory," he began, grabbing all of their attention. "But I've just heard that this country is facing a critical moment." he said, and explaining that there would be over 10,000 dragons about to enter the country, much to everyone's shock.

Ariana could even hear Makarov cry out in disbelief at the sheer number of dragons. She even heard Lisanna and Cana behind her beginning to speak and she could only imagine the shock of all the other guilds- Sabertooth especially. 

"Right now, we have a large-scale project underway at the palace- the Eclipse project. It's objective is to eradicate all 10,000 dragons." though, he paused. "More realistically, we know that it will not wipe out all of them. We're sure that hundreds will still survive and make their way into our country." he finished and everyone was in panic now. 

"Wizard guilds, I request your help in defending this country." the king pleaded. "Please lend us your power. I would like you to use your magic to help defeat the dragons. That is all. Please save this country." he bowed at them all now, awaiting their response.

In a second, all the guilds were cheering, agreeing unanimously and bringing the King to tears. 

♛♛♛

It was midnight now, and the dragons began to flow into Fiore. 

All guilds were separated into different corners of the area, ready to slay any dragon that came near their guild members. 

Now, in front of Fairy Tail now was a dragon engulfed in its own flames.

"I'm Atlas Flame!" the dragon cried, before releasing a large scale fire attack.

Ariana, along with the rest of her guild mates were swept away by the sheer amount of power behind his simple attack. Though, she couldn't even focus on the dragon that stood in front of her. All she was doing was turning her head back and forth, attempting to sniff out where Sting was in the area.