The Hidden Royal [3]

Thank God he was too busy talking to his mother. I couldn’t let him find out I was his mate. It would be disastrous for the both of us. I would not let myself go what my father had to go through. I refuse.

And plus, he wouldn’t like me anyway. He would be disappointed that I was his mate.

How dare you say that about us. Are you not aware that your princess of all werewolves? My wolf growled.

Is that all I’m good for though? Royalty? I refuse to be used just because I’m princess. I told her in my mind.

He wouldn’t. she said.

Leave me alone! I spat.

I leaned into Ben. “I got to pee.”

He just rolled his eyes and I hurried off to the house. As I got into the kitchen, I realized Dana was behind me.

“Where are you off to Michelle?” She asked.

I turned around to face her. “The bathroom actually. Could you show me where it is please?”

“Are you sure you don’t want to meet my son first?” There was a mischievous look in her eyes and smile and I almost cringed. She knew something.

“Oh no, no.” I said a little bit too quickly. “I’m definitely sure. I really got to pee.”

“This way.” She said, walking ahead.

She led me to the bathroom and I quickly shut the door and locked it.

“Want me to send Damien up to meet you?” She asked.

“No!” I cried, but clamped my hand over my mouth. “I mean, I’ll just meet him in a while.”

“Okay hunny.” I could tell there was humor in her voice.

I sighed and listened as her footsteps descended down the stairs. I quickly got out my phone and called Chase.

“Vic- Michelle? What’s wrong and where did you go?”

“Umm… I had to pee. Can you do me a favor? Drive me to the house. I promise I’ll explain when we get into the car.”

“Meet me in the backyard and I’ll take you home.”

“Just make sure Damien isn’t anywhere near you.” I said and hung up the phone before he could ask questions.

I rushed out of the bathroom and down the stairs. As I got outside, I could already see Chase coming my way. Due to my lack of luck, the wind blew and I watched as Damien’s back tensed. He quickly turned around and I let my head fall.