The Hidden Royal [10]

“Oh my Gah! Have you seen the new guy? He is like, so hot!” I heard one of the cheerleaders say as I passed their group. They all started to gush about how sexy he was and how much muscle he had. I rolled my eyes and went to my locker. I felt Damien’s eyes on me and it took all of me not to start sobbing again. God knows I did too much of that for the past several nights.

        “C’mon Michelle. Tell me what’s wrong!” Chase begged for the millionth time today. I turned to see him pouting and I almost gave. His pouting face was just too cute.

        “Chase, don’t worry about it.” I groaned.

        He opened his mouth to say something, but then my new friend, Jennifer, walked up to me. “Hey guys!” She smiled. “Michelle, what is everyone going on about this morning?”

        I shrugged. “New guy in town, I think.”

        Suddenly, a girly squel sounded through the hall. I turned around to see the girls crowd around the office door, waiting for, I’m guessing, the new “hot” guy. I saw the office door open and I struggled to see the guy. For some reason, I felt really happy. Like someone special to me was here. The smell of werewolf entered my nose and I saw that Damien and Alex stiffened. Was there a rouge here? I noticed that Damien stepped closer to me. Ben, Rob, and Justin came to stand beside me too, and I was confused. I didn’t sense any kind of danger.

       The mystery guy stepped out of the crowd and I gasped. Under those dark brown eyes, I knew they were really blue. Under the dark hair on top of his head, it was really blonde. My favorite person in the whole world began walking towards me. My brother.

       He stopped a little bit away from me and we both smiled at each other. Finally, I ran into his arms and sighed when I smelt home.

       “What are you doing here?” I whispered into his ear.

       “Missed you too much.” He replied, squeezing me harder to him. “And I missed the overprotective big brother job.”

       I didn’t notice until we pulled away that a certain Alpha was growling from behind me. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes and Shawn raised his eyebrows. I mouthed, “Mate.”

He growled lowly, staring behind me.

        “Would you stop that?” I whispered, and then turned to face the pack that looked confused. Except for Damien. He was too pissed to even think about anything else. Good riddance. Now he knows how I feel when he touches other girls.

        I sighed, and took Shawn’s hand into mine. I then led him to my guards, Chloe, and Chase. Making sure no one could see what I could say, I mouthed to them, "Shawn." I watched as shock and confusion came upon there face as they stared at him.

       "Hey... you!" Chase hollared in excitement and grasped him in a huge man hug.

       For once since a week, a smile broke across my face. I felt tears well up in my eyes for the relief of my twin being with me.

       "The name is Charles!" Shawn whispered in his ear harshly, for only us to hear. I raised a brow. Charles? Where the heck did he get that name from? It didn't suit him at all.

       "Dude, what the hell are you doing here!" Chase asked as he pulled away from him.

       He looked my way and beamed at me as he usually does. "Man, you know I can't stay away from Michelle for this long. I love her too much."

       I heard Damien growl again and I then felt him by my side. He wrapped a possessive arm around my waist and held me closer to him. Tingles spread through out my body making me purr, but a different growl from my brother shook me out of my hormonal thoughts and I gently stepped out of his arms. He tried getting a hold of me again and I walked over to Shawn. I linked my arm with his. "C'mon Shawn, let's go catch up."