seventeen » interruptiøns

As Luke drove down the road, I realized that he was taking me to his new house and not his apartment

As Luke drove down the road, I realized that he was taking me to his new house and not his apartment. He hadn't said anything about whether he had fully moved in to the new place yet or not, but I just assumed that he was still sleeping at the apartment. I was proven wrong, however, once I stepped foot in the house and saw brown cardboard boxes positioned randomly throughout the floor.

"Sorry it's a mess. I've been moving in all morning," Luke apologized. "My contract for the apartment expires today, and I wasn't going to renew it, so I was dealing with all that plus trying to make it so I don't have to live out of boxes for the next two weeks."

"It's okay, I don't mind," I replied, slipping off my black and white converse.

After kicking off his shoes as well, Luke wrapped his arms around my waist while I pressed my cheek against his chest, and he kissed the top of my head. The scent of his cologne was familiar and comforting, and I wished that I could stay in his embrace for all of eternity.

I stared up at his gorgeous face, taking in all of his features. He was truly breathtaking, and I couldn't believe that he wasn't already married or had a girlfriend at least. I hoped to be married and starting my family by the time I was twenty eight. Maybe he wasn't yet because he didn't want to get married, or maybe it was as simple as he hasn't found the right girl yet.

"You've got that look on your face. What are you thinking about?" He said, pulling me from my thoughts. I didn't really want to tell him what I was thinking, but I said it anyways. He just removed his arms from around me and laughed awkwardly, his cheeks tinted in pink.

"I was actually engaged a few years ago," he scratched the back of his neck. "It just didn't work out, though. She kinda, um, cheated on me." His face fell, and it was obvious that this was something that had really hurt him. I couldn't understand why anybody would ever cheat on him though. He was literally perfection.

"I'm sorry," I said, awkwardly stroking his arm, not really sure what else to do.

"It's fine. Better I found out before the vows anyways. I'm over her now, though. Somebody else has kinda filled that void in my heart," he smiled down at me, and I swear my heart skipped a beat.