twenty nine » pølice statiøn

I exited the police station after calling my brother and walked to the nearest bench

I exited the police station after calling my brother and walked to the nearest bench. My eyes were red and puffy from all my crying, and what little was left of my mascara from yesterday was streaked across my cheeks.

Michael arrived fifteen minutes later, running over to me as fast as he could.

"Holy shit, Blake! What happened? Why are you crying? Are you okay?" He fired off his concerned questions rapidly.

I wiped my runny nose with the back of my hand and blinked back more tears. Just thinking about the situation was more painful than any broken bone could ever feel.

"S-somebody t-told the cops about Lu-Luke and I, and n-now he's in jail," I sobbed out brokenly.

Michael's eyes widened, and he engulfed my smaller body in his larger one. I buried my face in his chest, staining his shirt with my tears and sobbing violently. Michael stroked my rat's nest of hair soothingly and whispered calming phrases into my ear.

"What's going to happen next?" Michael asked after I had calmed down significantly.

I wiped my eyes. "The police want to talk with more witnesses and see if it's enough of a case to take to court. I don't know who told them though."

"I swear, when I find out who is putting you in this much pain, I will rip their fucking limbs off." He clenched his jaw. "If the police want to talk to witnesses, then I'm going in there right now. Stay here. I'll be back." He kissed the top of my head and stormed off before I had the chance to protest.

Even though he was a pain in the ass, I was so thankful to have him as my brother. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. I just hoped that he'd be able to help convince the cops that this wasn't as bad as it seemed.

»»»

The next morning, I was back at the police station. I wasn't alone this time, however. I had Michael, my parents, and Ashton and Lindsey with me. Luke's parents would also be arriving shortly.

I leaned my head on Michael's shoulder, searching for comfort in this awful place. I just wanted to see Luke so badly, but the police wouldn't allow it even though we had both already explained our sides of the story.

"Mr. and Mrs. Clifford?" The same lady from yesterday called for my parents.

My parents stood up to follow the lady. I hoped that if my parents and Luke's parents explained how legal it all was, they would let him out today.

"Who do you guys think did this?" Lindsey asked after a while.

"No fucking idea," I mumbled, rubbing my temples from the headache that was forming.

"You don't think it could have been—" Ashton started to say but was cutoff when Michael jumped to his feet shouting,

"Calum! Calum Hood!"