4. Auditions

Bri's P.O.V

"Just something for you." Sharpay told Miss Darbus handing her a box of jar or something.

I sat down next to Gabi and she was staring at Troy and he gave her a smile.

"Well, I expect we all learned our home room manners yesterday, people, correct?" Miss Darbus said "if not we have dressing rooms that need to be painted. Now, a few announcements. This morning, during free period will be your chance for the musicale auditions both single and pairs."

When Darbus said that Sharpay turned around and looked at Ryan who done nothing. Once Sharpay turned around Ryan looked back at me and smiled. I gave him a smile back as Sharpay clapped in a childish manner.

"I will be in the theater until noon,for those of you bold enough to extend the wingspan of your creative spirit." Miss Darbus said "now, today we are going to be learning the importance of Shakespeare."

🏀

As I closed my locker I came face to face with Ryan. I jumped then sighed.

"I talked to Miss Darbus, she said that it's fine." Ryan told me

"Are you sure I should do this, I mean if Sharpay finds out..things could get bad." I sighed "I really don't need to start having trouble to early of me being here."

"It'll be fine. Besides Sharpay will probably leave right after we get done with our audition. Then you and I will go." He explained

"Does Darbus know that we need to wait until Sharpay is gone?" I asked worried of what'll happen if she finds out.

"No, but I can talk to her and stall until Sharpay leaves." Ryan said

🏀

After everybody got into the auditorium I sneakily sat in the very back row and sunk down into my chair. I could see everyone but hopefully they couldn't see me.

"This is where the true expression of the artist is realized. Where the inner truth is revealed through the actor's journey...where-" Miss Darbus was cut off by the warning bell ringing.

"Was that a cell phone?" She shouted

"Uh, No, ma'am. That was the warning bell." Kelsi Nilson the composer told her.

"Ah, those wishing to audition must understand that time is of the essence. We have many rolls to cast and callbacks will be next week. First, you will sing a few bars, and I will give you a sense of whether or not the theater is your calling. Better to hear it from me now then your friends later. Our Composer, Kelso Nilson, will accompany you and be available for rehearsals prior to callbacks. Shall we?" Miss Darbus finally shut up.

Kelsi stared playing the slow melody and let's just say the first girl wasn't so good. I looked over to see Troy hiding behind a janitor cart. I lightly laughed then headed beside him.

"Change your mind?" I asked him

"No," he said then looked at me "why are you here?"

"Ryan asked me to audition with him." I explained

"What about Sharpay?" He asked me

"He said he worked something out with Darbus so he could audition with both of us."

"Hey!" I heard my sisters voice.

"Hey!" I exclaimed

"Hey!" Troy told her

"So you decided to sign up for something?" Gabi asked "with me sister?"

"No!" We both said at the same time.

"I'm here to audition but not with him." I told her

She nodded with a smile on her face "uh, no, you?" Troy asked her. She gave him a smile "no." She told him. Then turned to me.

"Are you auditioning by yourself?" She asked

"Ryan asked me to audition with him." I told her

"What about Sharpay?" She asked

"Ryan said he worked out something with Miss. Darbus for him to audition with both of us." I explained

She nodded then turned back to Troy.

"Why are you hiding behind a mop?" She asked him

He lightly laughed then pushed it away. Then Gabi put on a small smile.

"Your friends don't know you're here, right?" She said with a small hint of laughter.

"Right." Troy agreed "Miss Darbus is a little harsh."

"The Wildcat superstar's afraid?" Gabi sort of joked around.

"No! I'm not afraid, I...I'm just...scared." Troy told her

"Me too, usually." Gabi told him

They got cut off by Miss Darbus "And for the lead roles of Minnie and Arnold," Gabi and Troy hid behind the mop Carr again while I quickly sat down and sunk down in my seat "we only have one couple signed up. Sharpay and Ryan. I think it might be useful for you to give us a sense of why we gather in this hallowed hall.

They got up and Ryan started walking but Sharpay stopped him because she always had to be first. I rolled my eyes and sunk lower into my seat. Finally Gabi and Troy joined me after I moved down two seats. Gabi was sitting beside me and Troy was beside her.

"What key?" Kelsi asked Ryan.

"Oh, we had or rehearsal pianist do an arrangement." Ryan told her

"Oh." Kelsi sighed.

Everything was getting ready when Sharpay snapped her fingers and the curtain closed.

(Skipping the song)

"I told you not to do Jazz squares." Sharpay told Ryan.

"They're a crowd favorite." Ryan told her. "Everybody loves a good jazz square."

Sharpay then looked at Kelsi who automatically started clapping which made everyone start clapping.

"Well, are there any last minute sign ups?" Miss Darbus asked

"Don't be discouraged, the theater club needs more than singers. It needs fans, too. Buy tickets!" Ryan told some blonde.

"Uh, actually if you do the part with that particular song, imagined it much slow..." Kelsi was cut off by Sharpay.

"If we do the part?" Sharpay asked "Kelsi, my sawed-off Sondheim I've been in 17 school productions. And how many times has your compositions been selected?"

"This would be the first." She answered

I zoned out Sharpay and slowly and carefully made my way to the closer seats to the stage.

"Any last minute sign-ups?" Miss Darbus yelled

When I knew for sure Sharpay was out of the auditorium or at least in a dressing room I stood up.

"Oh, Miss. Montez, solo I presume." She said

"Actually-" I started

"This is what I was talking to you about." Ryan told her.

🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀

A/N:

Chapter 4 Done!