Chapter Eleven

Better Than Revenge 

Chapter 11

“Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go,” Tori screeched, grabbing my arm and speed walking out the door. 

“What?” I asked, wriggling out of her grip. “Why? I like this one!” 

“We are not staying here,” she choked out, shaking her head quickly. “This apartment is no longer an option!” 

“But why?” I insisted stubbornly. “This one is great.” 

“I saw…” She paused momentarily, dragging me around a corner, where we couldn’t be seen. “I saw Ash here…” 

“Ash?” I repeated, my eyes widening. “As in, your ex, Ash?” 

She nodded, her eyes widening alongside mine. “I think he lives here! Let’s get out of here, before he sees—” 

“Ohmygod. Tori Grassing? Is that you?” a scarily high pitched voice said from behind us. 

Tori grimaced at me before turning with a false smile on her face. “Ash! Hi!” 

He smiled widely at her. “Tori! I haven’t seen you in so long! How’ve you been?” 

“Great,” she said, twisting a strand of her hair around her finger. “Just great!” 

When Ash wasn’t looking, Tori turned and gave me a pleading look, begging me with her eyes to help her out. 

See, Ash broke up with Tori for a very… awkward reason. He realized he was gay. Now, normally this wouldn’t be that bad, but no girl wanted to be the one who made a guy realize he swung the other way. That could make any girl feel like a failure as a woman. I felt really bad for Tori when that happened and I understood the relief she felt when Ash moved to Hollywood to follow his dream of being a male model. It was really bad luck, running into him here. 

“Oh, shit!” I screeched loudly, running a hand through my hair wildly. 

“What? What’s wrong?” Ash asked, just now noticing my presence. “Oh! Ohmygod! You’re Sophia Hastings! You’re starring in ‘Kidnap My Heart’, right?” 

I nodded, fanning myself crazily. 

“You get to work with Christian Ryder!” he exclaimed. “You lucky byotch!” 

“Not really,” I squeaked, still fanning myself. 

“Are you okay?” he asked, becoming worried all of a sudden. 

I shook my head, rubbing my face. “No! I’m sorry, but we have to go! I totally forgot that Tori’s family leaves today, and we haven’t even said goodbye!” 

This was a total lie, of course. Tori’s family had left two days ago. Tori and I decided to find an apartment and stay here in Hollywood. I obviously had to stay, but Tori didn’t want to leave when the time came, so I told her she could just stay with me. 

“Oh,” he said, sounding slightly disappointed. “Okay. It was nice meeting you! And it was nice seeing you again, Tori!” 

“Definitely,” Tori exclaimed, forcing a smile. “Bye!” 

She grabbed my arm and almost ran away. 

“Thank you,” she breathed when we were out of sight and earshot. “That boy never stops talking. I was scared I’d have to stand there and listen to him…” 

I laughed, shaking my head. “You’re so mean. He’s not that bad.” 

She gave me a look. “No. he is. Besides, it’s so awkward talking to him, after what happened…”