sixty eight.

FRIENDS.
068. ❛ nerdist podcast.

_________

_________

CHRIS HARDWICK: Hello, I'm Chris Hardwick for Nerdist and today is a special podcast because we have one of my favorite actress  known for her role on The Vampire Diaries and the MCU, it's Natalia DiCaprio.

NATALIA: I'm so happy to be here and it's the first time that I'm on your podcast, which is weird because we've met before at an after party.

HARDWICK: It's so weird because anytime I'm at the premieres, I like gush over you.
It was at the Oscars after party that I asked you if you wanted to come on and now you're here.

NATALIA: And I'm happy to be here.

HARDWICK: Congratulations are in order because you're about to be a mother to another baby.
Is it different the second time around?

NATALIA: In many ways, it's different. With Penelope, it was constant morning sickness, but with this peanut it's more of a bladder and hunger problem.
I still have a long way to go like 2 more months, but for some weird reason I think I'm going to miss being pregnant.

HARDWICK: Is Chris excited or going into panic mode? I would suspect that Captain America is excited for his first child.

NATALIA: When the pregnancy first started, he didn't let me do anything in fear that I might hurt the baby. And he still doesn't let me do anything so I can't imagine how he's going to protect his little princess when she's born.
He's such a great father to Penelope so I'm sure that he's going to love our child once it's out of my belly.

HARDWICK: You're very family oriented and you're whole family is so beautiful and just amazing.

NATALIA: They are, aren't they?

HARDWICK: How was like being almost idolized by people because you were Leonardo DiCaprio and Gisele Bündchen daughter?

NATALIA: It's not all it's cracked up to be honestly. If I'm being honest, I was almost like a nightmare. For being their daughter, I was constantly under the limelight and so were my sisters. There are many times I recall when I would get panic attacks at the age of 7. That shouldn't happen to someone as a child. It was just too much at such a young age. It's almost as if they didn't care who I was, and more categorized me as their daughter.

HARDWICK: I can only imagine how hard that must've been. Speaking about your mother, you're walking in the Victoria Secret Fashion Show in her honor.
How is that like?

NATALIA: The call was so surreal to get because I'm not a model and I told them that. They told me that I didn't need to worry because they'd give me training. And I've been talking with other models like Taylor Hill, Elsa Hosk, and Adriana Lima for backup. Adriana was close friends with my mother so anytime I'm on the runway and I come back, she tells me that I resemble my mother so much.

HARDWICK: Who do you think you resemble more, your father or your mother?

NATALIA: In facial, my mom. Characteristic wise, my dad.

HARDWICK: Let me just say that he's a cool dude.

NATALIA: He's very cool and he's my best friend. Anything that happens to me, I tell him first.

HARDWICK: Have you acted alongside your father in any movie?

NATALIA: If you watch The Great Gatsby, I'm one of the people that gives Gatsby a drink. It was really fun to be alongside my dad and Tobey who I consider to be like an uncle.

HARDWICK: What's next for Natalia DiCaprio?

NATALIA: I'm working on Marvel and finishing The Vampire Diaries.  Also, popping out a baby.

HARDWICK: Are you going to renew your contract with Marvel?

NATALIA: If they want me back, I'll be more than happy to.
I can't imagine not playing her.

HARDWICK: There you have it ladies and gentlemen, Miss Natalia DiCaprio. Don't forget to watch her on The Vampire Diaries at 8/7c on The CW, and keep an eye out for her because she is certainly a wild card.