forty three.

FRIENDS.
043. ❛ it's my dad.

________

________

[ OUTGOING CALL TO CHRIS ]

"Hey,"

"What's wrong? Your voice is crumbling down and you didn't catch your flight. What's wrong?"

"It's my dad. He fainted in his house and I called the ambulance. Dear lord, I saw everything flash before me. He was pale and he wasn't moving. He's out of the hospital. They said it was nothing. He—"

"Nat, you need to calm down
right now. Listen to me; to my voice."

"That's good. Don't worry, darling. I'll be on the next flight out."

"No, Chris. You were just here
and flying out again—"

"Natalia, this isn't a debate. You need me there. Even I can tell when you need me."

"I have my sisters here—"

"Nothing will change my mind about me flying out."

"Chris, you're with your family right now. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I tore you away from them for me."

"They are understanding people.
They'll understand that my girlfriend needs their dashing son by her side."

"You always seem to find a way to make me smile."

"One of the many reasons you fell in love with me. But it's my job, isn't it?"

"You're doing a good job of it.
Please just go be with your family before flying out to New York.
I'm going to stay with my father an extra day and then I'll fly out."

"Are you sure that—"

"I know that I was worrying at beginning because he's my dad. I can't lose him. He's such a rock for me and losing him would be losing a puzzle piece. Regardless, he's a strong man and probably would want me out of the house to be with you. So, I am sure that I don't need you to fly out. Go to NY and I'll be there shortly."

"Okay. Just call me, text, FaceTime, skype, snapchat,
insta—"

"Of course, babe."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."