p r o l o g u e

"Shake your hair, have some fun
Forget our mothers and past lovers, forget everyone
Oh, I'm so lucky, you are my best friend
Oh, there's no one, there's no one that knows me like you do"
-Bros, Wolf Alice

Pure bliss. The butterflies in your stomach, the non-stop taping of your foot, and the endless smiles. It's excitement. The thing that drives happiness and goals. The thing that drives you to do crazy things. Like in Lilli's case, drop everything and move to a city far away from home. And Lilli was feeling very excited as she waited at the airport for her not-surprisingly-late sister. She leaned slightly on her polka dot luggage flipping through Central City's newspaper.

"S.T.A.R. LABS HIGHLY ANTICIPATED  PARTICLE ACCELERATOR"

Harrison Wells and his team at S.T.A.R. labs are busy prepping for a very eventful and anticipated night here in Central City. Tonight, S.T.A.R. labs will "power up" their newest invention, the Particle Accelerator.

The Particle Accelerator is a machine that accelerates elementary particles, such as electrons or protons to very high energies. On a basic level, the Particle Accelerator produces beams of charged particles that can be used for a variety of research purposes. Many famous faces will be attending Harrison Wells' opening speech.

Harrison Wells quotes it, "A great scientific step for S.T.A.R. Labs."

"Lilli?"

Her eyes flickered upward meeting the familiar face of Jade Beckham. Her arms flew around her sister and Jade stiffened immediately to her younger sisters touch. Typical. The eldest of the two gave a couple of awkward pats on Lilli's back with a stiff expression. Lilli pulled away and beamed at her sister.

The first thing Lilli noticed was her sister's hair; the last time she saw Jade her hair was a mess. It was choppy, and uneven, like she had done it herself. The tips of the shreds were bleached blonde. Now her hair was wavy and fell just above her shoulders and had been dyed back to her original color of dark brown. Jade was dressed up in a black leather jacket, Miss Me jeans, and Ray Bans hanging lazily of her plain white v-neck. Jade tilted her head to the side and looked over her younger sister.

"Alright nerd let's go," Jade sucked in a breath as if she had trouble breathing, "you ready to see the Particle Accentor thingy?"

"Particle Accelerator," Lilli corrected.

"Yeah, whatever who gives a shit?" Jade replied turning on her heel.

Lilli grabbed her suitcase and scrambled up next to her sister.

"This is huge Jade. Huge! The Particle Accelerator is one of the biggest science advancements in history. The Harrison Wells and the S.T.A.R. labs are all in this city! It's just too much."

Jade shot her sister a glance and raised her eyebrows. "Kay Lil, don't kill yourself."

Jade and Lilli rushed out of the airport and pushed their way through crowds of people. Whenever Lilli bumped into someone, she muttered a quick apology. It was something she like to do. Courtesy y'know? She let Jade blaze the trail to the parking lot.

"You drive that?" Lilli said in pure shock.

"Yeah," Jade said swinging her keys around her fingers. "Is there a problem?"

Lilli adamantly shook her head no.

In front of her, a cherry red Ferrari, gleamed in the sun. Lilli couldn't think of a way Jade would have racked up the money for that car. She was COO of Wayne Enterprises, but Lilli decided to dismiss that piece of information. The car looked brand new. So sleek, so refined. Lilli didn't realize she was so hypnotized until her sister started the Ferrari, causing the engine to roar to life. Lilli jumped, startled. She quickly tucked her luggage in the micro trunk and slid into the passenger seat.