c h a p t e r : 15

I've made up my mind,
Don't need to think it over
If I'm wrong, I am right
Don't need to look no further,
This ain't lust
I know this is love
- Adele, Chasing Pavements

Lilli was running on coffee and coffee only. Jitters was the real savior in these times. Lilli was feeling good, besides the whole Obsidian drama, until she walked into the coffee shop and saw Barry with an A with a perky blonde with glasses. They were sitting at a high table, conversing in whispers. Lilli laughed to herself and stomped over there. Oh my god, jealousy overload, help me or I will literally beat the shidoodle cakes out of this blonde chick. Creating a plan in only a few seconds was one of Lilli's specialties. Also getting jealous in a matter of seconds was another one.

Lilli spotted a familiar can of Reddi-whip next to the creamer and artificial sweeteners. Without another thought, Lilli swiped up the can, stomped over to Barry, and sprayed him with the white cream.

"Common Bare, did you really think it would be this easy to cheat on me? We're gonna have some words, you and I, we're-"

"Woah!" Barry said putting his hands up in surrender. "Lilli?"

Lilli sprayed another glob in his face.

"Damn right it is! Who's this?"

Lilli motioned to the blonde with the cream can. Barry wiped the whip cream out of his eyes and took a napkin the blonde was offering him.

"Hi, I'm Felicity Smoak," the blonde said while holding out a hand.

Lilli looked at her small hand skeptically. Eventually she pulled back and cleared her throat.

"I'm a friend of Barry's. Just to be clear, Barry and I aren't on a date, he is not, uh, cheating on you... As a matter of fact, I have a boyfriend. Ray Palmer. We're on some work business."

Lilli dropped the reddi-whip can and cleared her throat. All of Jitters was in silence.

"Oh."

The chatter in Jitters began to pick up again, and Lilli picked up a pile of napkins and started to wipe off the whip cream off of Barry awkwardly. Felicity tried to hold in laughs and Barry wiped the Reddi-whip out of his hair.

"Sorry, Bare, uh this was stupid. I just came in to get my daily fix of caffeine and saw you two. My bad," Lilli paused to laugh along with Felicity.

"I get jealous sometimes."

Barry raised his eyebrows and smiled slightly. He gently took off Lilli's old baseball cap, and smudged a pile of Reddi-whip in her hair. Felicity was busting out with hysterical laughter as the group got weird stares from the people around.

"I deserved that."

Barry laughed and pulled her closer.

"I'd never cheat on you Lil. Ever," Barry whispered in her ear before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

It was a sappy and cheesy comment, but Lilli still loved it. But then, remembered her past and remembered Parker. She remembered how he had cheated on her. Lilli turned to Felicity.

"Sorry to interrupt. You're work meeting... I should probably get going."

Lilli turned to leave, almost bumping into a blonde man coming towards Barry and Felicity. He looked strangely familiar to Lilli, but she couldn't place her finger on it.

"Barry," the man said out of breath. "Hey."

Okay, so he knows Barry... That's chill.

"Eddie. Hey. Remember Felicity?" Barry said motioning to blondie.