c h a p t e r : 16

"Lil? We gotta go!"

Lilli ran around the bedroom she shared with Barry frantically looking for the lost mask. "Where is it?"

Lilli had set her masquerade ball mask out weeks before the special night. She must've moved it in the chaos that the last few days had been. Lilli overturned much of her and Barry's things in panic.

"Lil?"

"HOLY CHRISTMAS NUTS! I'm coming Barry!"

"Sorry!"

Lilli sighed and tucked a curl behind her ear. That's when an idea presented itself in her befuddled thoughts. She went into secret drawer and pulled out the unmistakable mask of Obsidian.

It will be fine

It will be fine. Nobody will recognize me! Only the bad guys have seen this mask... The thoughts bounced around Lilli's temples until Barry called for her again. Lilli bounded down the stairs lifting the skirt of her gown so her heels wouldn't puncture the precious material. Barry was waiting at the bottom of the stairs, fixing his bow tie and tapping his left foot. Lilli smiled devilishly as came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Barry jumped in shock causing Lilli to laugh.

"Just waiting on you, slow poke."

"Wow. You look really nice," Barry uttered

 You look really nice," Barry uttered

Lilli rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say Bare."

Barry reached out his hand and intertwined his fingers with Lilli's. She gave him a grateful squeeze. She couldn't believe that she fell in love with the boy who spilled ice cream all over her shirt just months ago. The pair took a cab to the new Wayne Biotech building. Lilli clutched her purse to her chest. She had been looking forward to this night for days. She still held Barry's hand.

The cab pulled up to the curb and Barry quickly jumped into action. He opened the door and offered his hand to Lilli again, which she gladly took. The sun was slowly sinking into the horizon, illuminating the sky in pink and orange. The magnificent fountain in front of Wayne Biotech was putting on a show, even some attendees had stopped to watch. Nearly every famous face from Central City was attended the masquerade ball fundraiser.